News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

glass compatability 59 coupe to 60 convertible

Started by Joe Meneghin, February 27, 2005, 09:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Meneghin

Heres a pic of my 59 parts car, heres my question.  

http://home.att.net/~marinepaint/caddywindshield2.jpg TARGET=_blank>http://home.att.net/~marinepaint/caddywindshield2.jpg

Are the door shells the same with the two cars, and what about the door window frames and glass?  Any help would be deeply appreciated.

ps: all parts on the parts car are spoken for.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Joe,

As far as I am aware, the Coupe and Convertible doors and door glass are the same in the 59 and 60.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

My Hollander Interchange manual identifies the interchange number for the 59 and 60 coupe and convertible doors as 1195.  Therefore, they are the same.  

The windshield and front vent window glass for the 59-60 two door hardtop and the convertible are the same.  

HOWEVER, the front door window glass for the 59-60 two door hardtop is interchange number 1922 and the interchange number for the convertible is 1924.  The rear quarter or vent window glass for the 59-60 two door hardtop is interchange number 1940 and the interchange number for the convertible is 1941.  I am not sure what the difference is, but they are apparently not interchangeable.

Although you did not ask, the windshield glass on the 59 four door hardtop series 6239 and 6339 is different from the sedan series 6029, 6229, and 6329.  Speaking from personal experience,  I   know that the information about the hardtop and sedan is true.  I originally ordered the wrong glass for my 59.

Joe Meneghin

Thanks for the advice guys,  well 2 out of three aint bad.