News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

WTB: 77 Seville pass side headlamp bucket

Started by mechanic80, June 14, 2014, 01:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mechanic80

Need the black plastic housing for the rt h/l assy in decent condition.  All attachments unimportant.
mechanic80

Gene Beaird

Norbert, is the headlamp bucket you have cracked/damaged?  Both of the buckets on our 79 were cracked, and had missing pieces, but I was able to satisfactorily repair them with the application of some two-part epoxy to the cracks, and once that set up, I covered the cracked area with some fiberglass cloth and fiberglass resin one finds in those Bondo type fiberglass repair kits.  I then painted it in a semi-gloss black.  It hides the repairs nicely, and has allowed us to put the piece back into the car.  This car will never be a show car, but the repairs are barely noticeable. 

Just a thought, as these things are fragile and are easily cracked in the most minor of bump.

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

waterzap

Leesburg, AL

mechanic80

Waterzap: That would be great!  Let me know how to proceed.  I accidentally sent you an empty reply.  There is no "reply" evident on the PM screen.   Of course being computer semi-literate I may not have seen it at all.
mechanic80