News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Vacuum fitting for 76 Eldo

Started by mtravinski, July 04, 2014, 09:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtravinski

Does anyone know where someone may be able to obtain the vacuum "Y" fitting on a 1976 Eldorado 500? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
mtravinski

TJ Hopland

Where is this part located?  What part of the system is it for?   Are you looking for an original 'correct' part?  Or just something to make it work?  Larger parts stores will have various vacuum fittings on display in the Dorman Help! line,  betting you can find something that will work there.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

mtravinski

It's the "Y" fitting that comes off of port A on the carburaetor and the primary vacuum break unit of the motor. It shows pretty clearly on the vacuum routing diagram of the 1976 shop manual.
A google search for this item brings up the Dorman catalog mentioning "Y" fittings but an actual review of the catalog produces no results.
Unfortunately the size of the drawing I was trying to attach will not be accepted by this site. I will keep working on the format and try to post as soon as I am able to.
Thanx,
mtravinski

TJ Hopland

This is on the front of the carb and has 2 very short pieces of hose on it? 

Are you just looking for something that will work or an actual show quality correct part?
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV

mtravinski

Yes! That is the piece. I would very much like to have the original piece but will settle for one that does the job until I can find the correct one.
Thanx,
mtravinski

TJ Hopland

Any parts store should be able to get these, they may have to cross it to their brand, like Napa calls the Doorman stuff Balkamp.

Look up Doorman part numbers:

47325  1/8x 1/8x 1/8  T

47350  1/8x 1/8x 1/8  Y

They have other sizes but I believe 1/8 is correct. 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV