News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 Cadillac Convertible x-member adding support member to early model

Started by Mike, September 03, 2009, 01:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Ayres #5640

Mike - Contact Jerry Karasinski at karacomp@aol.com.  He has photos of the plates he welded onto his 1941 convertible frame.  Also, the Cadillac LaSalle Club Museum & Research Center can duplicate the Cadillac Service Bulletins from 1941 that detail the added plate reinforcements.  Paul Ayres #5640

Mike

Jerry has emailed me with some great pics and literature.  Thanks again to all the great help.  Some great folks in this club.....makes me ashamed to be such a procrastinator....I will visit the tent at Hershey and join up!  No more excuses....grad school done, wedding done and wife's honey do list is now manageable......time to get this car back on the road!
Mike

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Thanks to Doug for making some good points. Before I forget to ask, what was the body #'s that the factory started putting the stiffeners on the chassis? Also, WHY would Cadillac design a new frame for 1940 & then design it AGAIN for 41??? I still smell penny pinching! Mike, I'm going to add your car to my survivor roster. If you cold send me all the info from the data plate. Interesting note, body # 800  also exists. Also I'm STILL looking for body #3. Offering rewards of  $500 just to know it exists & $2500 if I buy it.  Check those data plates for some cash. Anyone who hasn't sent me the data plate info from your 41 conv. car please do. I have almost 60 cars & MANY are SO. Thanks, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.