News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

St. Louis and Western Illinois CLC members with a 1937/38 Cadillac

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, January 12, 2018, 04:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Guys, I just found my small folder from the 1937 St. Louis Auto Show. (Nov 21, 1937 was penciled in on the front.)  Oliver Cadillac had made a deal with Chicago & Southern Airways to fly customers to Detroit to pick up their car at the factory and drive it home. They would even throw in a bit of cash for expenses on the way home.  (And you thought those Visa cards from Dish were something new...) The plane was like Amelia's, a Lockeed Electra.

I will send this to anyone interested for $10 post paid. It appeared in the S/S when Edith Child was editor, so it's been a while. It's folded over once (Making four pages) in post card size. B&W and reddish orange print on white slick paper. I haven't copied part of it as that would be giving some of it away. But I guarantee you'll be pleased. This was at a time when very, very few people had flown at all. (Even rich people.) So their hype about this being a thrill of a lifetime wasn't too far fetched. Neat item.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville