News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1939 LaSalle: Complete Paperwork for actual purchase of car (13 pieces) $25.00

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, January 12, 2018, 05:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

In doing some rummaging around in my closet this afternoon, I found the paperwork for a complete transaction of buying a 1939 Series 50  LaSalle sedan from Highland Motors in Portland, OR. There are thirteen pieces of paperwork (More if you count the carbons on the GMAC contract.) (Dec 8, 1938).

The paper is in excellent shape with one item having a fold over at the bottom RH side and a short tear on the bottom of the LH side (both on the same sheet) of the retail order blank.

If you have such a car, this would be a really unique set of paperwork to have. Like, who is going to save the details of purchasing a new car seventy nine years ago?

I will send this post paid anywhere in the continental USA for $25.00. (If you live in Portland, OR, and have such a car, I will reduce the price by $10 just for getting the paperwork "back home." ) Sorry, old girl friends or maiden aunts that live in Portland, or if you once drove through there won't count for the discount.

He must have just purchased a nice set of tires for his trade as he insisted on swapping the tires from his old car to the new one.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville