News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 Coupe DeVille Dashpad

Started by martyleo, October 20, 2014, 07:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martyleo

I know these are difficult to find...I would like to buy a dashpad.

martyheidenemail addresses not permitted
832-578-0460

Dennis Branch

Marty, if you are looking for a used one, they are not out there. There are companies that make a molded dash but I do not know anything about them. I have searched for the last year for a dash for my 57 Fleetwood but finally wound up sending it to just dashes. They are pricey but you only live once. Hope this helps.
Dennis Branch
1957 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Series

martyleo

Dennis:

Thanks for the reply!  Unfortunately, I do not even have a core to send in as required by Just Dashes...I will continue to look!

Thanks,

Marty

Walter Youshock

'57 and '58 are the same core.  You'll need one from a non - air car.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Belgium1958owner

Hi,

I'm also looking for a new dash pad. Do anyone have an address where to buy one (new) ?
(sorry for my english, Itsn't my mother language).

Thanks.
1958 Eldorado Seville, body 481
1956 Eldorado Seville, body 1968
1958 Eldorado Seville, body 612 (parts car)
Member of : 1958 Cadillac Owner Association
CLC # 29119
1956 Packard Four Hundred Coupe, body 3002
1956 Packard Caribbean hardtop, body 81

Walter Youshock

You'll have to have yours redone.  The metal core is the same for '57 and '58.   Vinyl grain textures and colors were different.  If this is for your Eldorado,  the grain and colors were exclusive to that car.

Save time and ultimately money and call Just Dashes.   You'll pay but, in the long run, you won't be sorry.

I paid $800 15 years ago and the dash is perfect.   Grain and color are spot on.  Only difference is overall sheen.  My door panel vinyl is shinier.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Paul Tesone

Marty - I only have experience with Just Dashes who did my 57 Eldo dash .  I have to agree with Walter - expensive , but great quality . And yes , my original door panel vinyl seems a bit shinier than Just Dashes' dash . Good luck . Let us know what you do and if you're happy with the results .  ... Paul Tesone CLC # 6876