News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Sourcing 1940 Lasalle Rocker moldings and Center windshield chrome strip

Started by tlaferriere, October 23, 2008, 06:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlaferriere

Hi all, I am trying to locate a source for the two rocker chrome stripes for a 1940.  Anyone reproduce these?  Same as sedan?  Also, I need the center chrome strip on the windshield.  This is for a convertible sedan.

Thanks,
Tom Laferriere

buicksplus

There are three of those rocker moldings on mine,  a series 50 coupe with the running board delete setup.  They are attached to a sheet metal part that bolts below the rocker panels on cars without running boards.

I doubt if the series 52 and 50 strips are the same, very few body parts are exchangable between these two series, but you never know.

I am pretty sure the convertibles have a unique windshield center molding, shorter than the sedan or coupe.  I may have a series 52 center molding, but it is for a sedan.

The rocker panel parts are hard to come by, I have looked to replace a couple of mine with small dents for years.  I don't know of any other car that had these moldings quite like these.  They may have been similar on the '39 LaSalle series 50.  You might be able to find similar strips from a more modern car and cut them down to fit your LaSalle.

Good hunting!

Bill.
Bill Sullivan CLC# 12700