News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

WTB 50s Cadillac Horn Wire, Contact, And Spacer

Started by Coupe Deville, September 04, 2014, 01:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coupe Deville

Hello everyone. My 57 Cadillac is missing the white wire that is supposed to run up the steering Column and be attached to the contact(which I'm also missing) that supposed to have a little round insolating piece under it, that the horn ring sits on. I am assuming that most 50s Cadillac's are the same. Anyone know if they reproduce these?

Thanks

-Gavin 
-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"

M. Bankes

Hi,
I've got a used original wire and brass contact for $ 20, but I don't think I have a good insulator.
If I can be of any help let me know
Thanks
Michael

Coupe Deville

Hello Michael, That might actully be ok. I can probably make a insulator out of something. Do you think you could post a picture of it?

Thanks
-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"

M. Bankes

Hi,
Ok, I'll get a picture of it tomorrow. I know on my car I just took a piece of shrink tube and used that as the insulator, it worked fine for me anyway
Thanks
Michael

M. Bankes

Hi,
Sorry for the delay, but here are the pics. I thought the white wire was still attached, but it's not, I just checked and it's still in the column. I can try and pull it out, but all it is is a wire soldered into the end of this contact, so I think a new white wire wouldn't be an issue, it would probally be best to work with a new one anyway so that you had enough length. I'll knock it down to $ 15 for the trouble,
Please let me know
Thanks
Michael