News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1966 Eldorado seat covers - need a source

Started by Teknoid, August 08, 2013, 10:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teknoid

Does anyone know of a good source for authentic seat covers for a 1966 Eldorado? I need dark green front and rear.
Thanks

n2caddies

Have you tried SMS Fabrics in Oregon? They are a great resource 
Smsautofabrics.com
Randy George CLC# 26143
1959 Series 62 Convertible
1960 Series 62 Convertible
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX

Eldo66

Also look into:

Jenkins Restorations & Interiors
102 Chestnut Street, Suite 101
North Wilkesboro, NC 28659
336-667-4282           

They will fabricate the seat covers and ship them to you.  When I last checked, they could still get perforated leather that was similar to the original 1966. 

Good luck,
1966 Eldorado - Flamenco Red with bucket seats

Teknoid

Thanks for the responses. SMS is sending me samples of what they have. I called and left a message for the folks at Jenkins (I couldn't find an email address for them). I also discovered CPR For Your Car in Hemmings and have a request into them for help.

This forum is very helpful!
Fred

Teknoid

George,
Thanks for the advice. I received the swatch samples from SMS today. The color match is excellent. The pattern match is very close. I'd give it a grade of A-. Good enough for my project. I'm placing the order tomorrow.
Fred

Eldo66

I ordered a swatch of the perforated leather in Medium Red from SMS, and it looks good. 

Have you found an upholsterer who can match the original pattern?

Regards, Paul
1966 Eldorado - Flamenco Red with bucket seats