News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Spoof story about designin...
Last post by billyoung - Today at 06:09:09 AM
There was a semi soft cover book written many years ago called Cadillac Eldorado, it has three red 1950's Eldorado convertibles on the cover and the whole book is filled with interviews with the designers. I highly recommend it.
Quote from: PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192 on Today at 02:11:57 AMIt's happening on this thread. I give up on threads when this happens.
It is okay down here, and when I narrow the page, it narrows as well.

Bruce. >:D
Quote from: Lexi on Yesterday at 04:49:22 PMBut you are at least bilingual Roger. I can only communicate in English, though the wife says I am bilingual as I speak both English and profanity, (sometimes).  :)  Clay/Lexi
I can that too. And I can understand/speak German too!
It's happening on this thread. I give up on threads when this happens.
General Discussion / Re: Building a high performanc...
Last post by Carfreak - Yesterday at 11:45:54 PM
Have you asked over at the CLC Modified Chapter Forum? 

https://www.modifiedcadillac.org
General Discussion / Re: Photos of a Day in the Lif...
Last post by Carfreak - Yesterday at 11:26:10 PM
Quote from: Vince Taliano #13852 on Yesterday at 08:59:37 AMI also did much work on the J. Edgar Hoover FBI Cadillac limousines that were only armored from the glass down.

Yep, we laugh about the roof not being protected; similar as mentioned above, our car is armored from the door glass down.

We acquired the car from the private owner who bought it as Government Surplus from a well known New Jersey dealer in 1954.  Someone attempted to shoot through one of the windows; the damage only goes through the first 2-layers of the 1" thick glass. Doors are so heavy, there are three hinges on each and no vent windows.

It appears there were two S.O.'s assigned to the car.  Frame was strengthened, AC oil filter added at the factory, six US Rayon Cord 6-ply tires with Goodyear Lifeguard tubes, two-wave radio and an aerial antenna supplied by the US Government (Customer) was installed in the rear compartment. Also noted since the invoice was dated August 1939 but not shipped until October 1939, 'special handling' noted a 1940 generator and regulator.

Built in Detroit, interior was not fully installed when it was sent by boat to Cleveland on its way to Federal Laboratories in Pittsburgh for install of the armor plating and bulletproof glass. 

Then back to Detroit for final assembly before a trip in a locked railroad car to the buyer, "US Government, Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation" in Washington DC via Michigan Central, Baltimore & Ohio then Washington & Old Dominion railroads. 

Total invoice cost over $6300 but there are stories Hoover only paid $1 for many of his cars.  Handwritten notes on the invoice indicate a rear compartment heater was sent in late December 1939. 
Want To Buy - Parts / Re: WTB 1957 chrome sabre rim ...
Last post by Gary Evans - Yesterday at 10:52:29 PM
Michael, please post some pictures if you don't mind. It would be a real wheel, so hopefully no to noticeable.
General Discussion / Re: How a link affects the scr...
Last post by Lexi - Yesterday at 10:13:34 PM
Quote from: 59-in-pieces on Yesterday at 06:35:08 PMClay,

Mr. Spock says - Scottie cana-do-it Captain.
Why, he has his foot on the brake.
Have fun,
Steve B.

It's all in the "Dilithium Crystals", in the engine room! Clay/Lexi
General Discussion / Building a high performance 19...
Last post by Cleatus502 - Yesterday at 10:12:26 PM
I am trying to find the parts needed to build a high performance 1961 390. Seems all the old go fast parts have dried up.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Cracked Kelsey Hayes turbi...
Last post by Lexi - Yesterday at 10:09:57 PM
Quote from: Gary Evans on Yesterday at 06:36:22 PMThank you gentleman for taking the time to help me understand the situation. I think I'll head over to the wanted section, place an add, and see what if anything is available. I sill may take lexi up on his generous offer, but would like to have 4 matching. Bill Evans

Also, if anyone has a single 41098, please privately email at.....

Gary I wrote down your email in case you decide to delete it due to spammer idiots. In time they will be all over you like a cheap suit. Check the comments above posted by the Moderator. That nonsense is one of the main reasons for the CLC Forum restrictions that will be taking effect May 1st. Sad to say.  Clay/Lexi