News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1953 fog lights

Started by 03vorteczr2, October 09, 2009, 11:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

03vorteczr2

Hello everyone,

My 53 coupe has the little marker lights right now and I was thinking of converting it to the larger fog lights. I was wondering about the switch. Right now there is a knob directly under the wiper knob that doesn't seem to do any thing. Is this the switch for the fog lights or is there an extra switch I would have to get? If this is not the fog light switch do you know what it is for? Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Chris
Christopher Martinez
1952 Cadillac Coupe De Ville
1953 Cadillac Coupe

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Chris;

Yes, that's the one. However, since your car did not come with the fog light option, there may be no switch there. It may be just a dummy knob. Take a look under the dash and see if the knob is connected to a switch. If there's nothing there, your going to have to get one. I don't have a convertible, but I believe this knob was also used to operate the top. For non convertible cars without the fog light option, this knob had no function.

Paul

Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

03vorteczr2

Thanks for the help! I looked and there is no switch just a dummy knob.

Thanks,

Chris
Christopher Martinez
1952 Cadillac Coupe De Ville
1953 Cadillac Coupe