News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

I won the fight !

Started by 1937 LaSalle coupe, October 26, 2011, 02:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1937 LaSalle coupe

Hello everyone. Today I was trying to put on the new rubber seals on the new back window glass on my '37 LaSalle. Was really struggling in trying to stretch that seal. Tried pulling with foot through it. Didn't budge much. It's like a wrestling match. I was not winning. Then it hit me, needed to get rubber seal in the sun to warm it up. Well it is a cloudy day in Ohio. AH,how about the clothes dryer? Set on warm and let tumble for 5 minutes. With a minimum amount of effort the seal was on. Since '37 BOP and Cadillac and LaSalle have 2 piece rear windows I had to make sure that I done a right and left side. It's one battle at a time. Hope this will help someone else.... John Lehman ... CLC # 26365.... 

John Washburn CLC 1067 Sadly deceased.

John,

Excellent. never crossed my mind when I installed the gaskets on my 37. I used waxed string cord and fought it for the required amount of time.

John W
John Washburn
CLC #1067
1937 LaSalle Coupe
1938 6519F Series Imperial Sedan
1949 62 Series 4 Door
1949 60 Special Fleetwood
1953 Coupe DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille
1992 Eldorado Touring Coupe America Cup Series