News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

? correct seat trim for 1975 & 1976 Eldo convertibles

Started by Paul Tesone, November 22, 2009, 01:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Tesone

I've been toying with the idea of buying a 75 or 76 Eldo convertible so I've been looking both on Ebay and viewing a couple in person. What I've discovered is that there seems to be two different trim designs for the front seat backs. One design consists of a seat back which has a plastic shell that is color matched to the leather. It goes up the sides of the seat and across the back under the head rest, and is outlined in chrome trim. The courtesy strap wraps around to the sides and attaches there. Below and between the plastic form on the back is leather with horizontal stitching. The second design has no plastic form, the top and sides of the seat back are leather and the courtesy strap does not extend around to the sides. The lower 2/3's of the seat back has carpeting instead of leather. I have seen BOTH designs on both 75 & 76 models. Which is correct for 1975 and which for 1976 ? Is it possible that one design was started on late production 75 models and continued on 76 models, or am I looking at cars that someone mixed and matched parts ?  Thanks for the help. Paul Tesone.... tess352@yahoo.com ...CLC #6876

Barry Norman

It depended on whether you had a bench seat (should have the hard shell) or the divided front seats (no shell. Bench has a fold down armrest, "75 twin seats had no built in armrests, just a loose pillow secured with straps. This may have changed later in production. '76 bench was the same as the '75 , but the twin seats had the twin armrests that fold dow from the seat backs. Hope this helps you !
Barry Norman

Paul Tesone

Thanks bnorman -- that clears up a few things. Paul Tesone CLC #6876