News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Found 1975 Deville with 4160 miles

Started by Randy Manus #8533, January 10, 2011, 10:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgbeda

P.S.

After I wrote the above I saw the picture (under the mardi-gras cloth topic) of the '75 SDV d'elegance with airbags and, clearly, a non-split seat.  So either my '76 had an additional option in the 50/50 split seats, or they changed the standard seat between 75 and 76.
-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)

Davidinhartford

Mike,     

The 76  Deville d'elegance got new 50/50 dual comfort seats as standard equipment that year.   The cloth was called Magnan, a ribbed knit available in black, dark blue, blue-green and light buckskin.

Chuck Swanson

QuoteThose cars came with a black painted wooden wheel chock.  It doesn't look very professional, but it is original.  Congratulations on getting that time machine.  We'd all love to see some pictures.

Great info on the wheel chock.  There was nothing in my 1969 Fleetwood trunk when I bougth it last week...except for the spare and the chock :-)  I said what the heck is this from?  Can't believe original....thanks for the info! 

Nice car BTW!!  Congrats.
CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
Like 65-66 Club: www.facebook.com/6566Cadillac
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Eldorado (vert w/bucket seats)
65 Fleetwood
07 DTS w/ Performance pkg.
67 Chevy II Nova (AACA Sr GN 2018)
69 Dodge Coronet R/T

jcoleman48@verizon.net

I'd be worried about those old tires. I have a 75 de ville that has 112,000 miles but was well kept by a former owner who bought new tires for it in 1993. Doing some research, most experts warn that even though my tires may have had only a few hundred miles since new, the rubber degrades over time and driving at highway speed or more than from home to the gas station could result in a blowout. Like yours, my tires look great, almost new, but like me there are things they can't do today that they could do 25 years ago. :)

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

All valid points however its been over 6 years since the last posting in this thread so hopefully the OP addressed any tire issues by now.

Welcome to the CLC Forum.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute