News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Restoring Eldorado 1983 in Iceland

Started by mauser, February 11, 2011, 06:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauser

Hallo my friens.
This Cadillac Eldorado 1983 have stay here in Iceland from 1985, Rust is our enemy here but this car is in good condition,I have spend the winther for this protect
andhope I finish fore the spring time, so I can drive in the summer, Odometer show 85.000 miles Like I say no rust new painting , new vinyl top in gold,inside a new
cloth, new plastic corners, engine 4,1 runs good :) and I can tel you I have use Prolong in to the oil, 2 days after all noise from the engine like the lifts stops. I have also a brand new radiator (alomium) from China.
Thanks for reading this
Johann Vilhjalmsson
Presidend Icecad

Johann Vilhjalmsson
CLC # 24743
Cadillac Fleetwood Brogham D' Elegance 1976
Cadillac Eldorado 1983

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Johann,

Great looking car, and I see from the gum-boot-wearing onlooker, that there is still a bit of snow outside.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Chris Conklin

Chris Conklin

mauser

I m just finishing restoring this Eldorado,The last thing I was lucky to find this E&G grill and now Im installing a continental kit on the rear bumper it is hard to find them.
Johann Vilhjalmsson in Icealand
Johann Vilhjalmsson
CLC # 24743
Cadillac Eldorado 1983

Paul Tesone

Looks great - we need some pictures of the interior . Paul Tesone ...CLC #6876

mauser

Thanks Paul Yes I shall submit some more photo the car is now ready, just have to finish the eletric in th continental kit , for back light and fore licance plate
Johann
Johann Vilhjalmsson
CLC # 24743
Cadillac Eldorado 1983

Hankk17

Johann is that an HT4100 I see under the hood?   Treat it like glass or it will spite you.  I've had more HT4100's die on me than I can remember..  Awesome car - I've had several.

good luck with it!
Wherever you go... There you are

mauser

Thanks here are some photo, Yes the engine is the 4,1 engine but she run very good, I put in the oil stuff call Prolong and all crack and knock go away and the engine run very nicely.
it have 90 000 miles and if she broke she broke.
Johann
Johann Vilhjalmsson
CLC # 24743
Cadillac Eldorado 1983

Davidinhartford

Beautiful!    Love the color.   Very appropriate for an Eldorado.