News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz -1957

Started by Jonas Drachas, March 23, 2011, 05:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonas Drachas

I'm about to restore my biarritz -57, I bought the car in the early -2003, it came from Switzerland and has probably been there since -1994. The car was burned-out in the engine compartment and a bit on the inside, from the beginning it was supposed to just "fix" fire damage, but it turned out that most of it was renovated but incorrectly so, therefore, the project was more extensive than what was my purpose in the begining  ;D

Jonas Drachas

The Tassie Devil(le)

Did you ever find out what actually caused the fire?

But, looks like you are progressing very well.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Quentin Hall Australia

G'day Jonas, Still my favourite Cadillac of all. The 57 Biarritz still takes my breath away even when it is just the bare body on a rottiserie. I just love that rear end. Motorama dreaming. Looks like you are doing it justice. Well done.
It is good inspiration for me as I go thru my new 57 Biarritz, though I am just trying to get mine up as a driver to have some fun whilst I save my pennies for my 53 Eldo restos.
  Mine is silver with red int. Do you have everything for yours? I have quite a few spares including an original parade boot.  I have just finished repairing my floors and have now started on the three large calibre bullet holes, two in the rear valance and one in the front fender. There were also two thru the front screen. Random enough for me to wonder if it was involved in a crime or shootout. It was an LA car that has sat unused for many years. Has all options. My old 57 Biarritz (since sold ) was a twin with your car. White black /white. Though it was painted black when I had it. They do look best in neutral colours. Emphasises the stying more. 
  Keep the pics coming as I would love to see the end result. I got one of the dashes from Sweden . Looks ok but I haven't tried it yet.  Do you have any spare seat crests??? or dual quad wingnuts. They are the only bits I need.
   I still seem to spend a fortune each and every damn week. ha ha. At least this hobby keeps me wholesome. I couldn't afford to have a vice or two. 
   Regards. Q     

Jim Beard

Stewart Homan

I agree with Q, there is an argument for the 57 being the ultimate Eldorado - it must be the ultimate Motorama car to make production!

Q, the silver with red has to be the best - a metallic 57 EB is stunning!

My 2nd 58 Biarritz (awaiting resto) is Desert Bronze with solid red - the same as Jerry De Persio's old car which I fell in love with when I bought the white 53 Eldo from him!

Restor looks great and fairly comprehensive Jonas - I'd love to have a look at it when I pass through Helsingborg (what a town - has a promenade like Nice!) on the way to Vasteras in the summer!

In that picture of the underside, the drivers wheel well looks to have a crumple in it - is that original or damaged?

Best regards,

Stew

R Schroeder

I cant believe what you guys start with and how it ends up.
Beautiful  job.
Roy