News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

The beast

Started by 57 hearse, October 28, 2011, 12:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

57 hearse

This is my link        http://www.youtube.com/user/57panshvl?feature=mhee    When I got this coach the floors were all rotted the gas tank vent is pulled out of the side of the tank the brakes were packed with mud the A arms and frame too the inside of the doors on the bottom are rotted it looked like it was in a flood many years ago but the water didn't get inside the engine someone put a 58 rad and water pump on it so they just cut a crude hole in the frame for the bottom rad hose it was missing the oil filter so someone just connected the lines so it would get oil unfiltered the whole coach was filled with wasps all the glass is good all the interior is stinky and rotted but it only had 47,000 mi on it and when i got it to start up it sounded like a new old car when i took the heads off the cross hatching is still fresh so I'm taking the heads in to get them rebuilt with hard seats i have been working on it for a little over a year and a half and i rebuilt all the brakes, master cylinder, vac power booster put in new floors removed all the rust from the body (someone spray painted it black over rust) fixed the crude hole in the frame painted the frame and engine rebuilt the A arms and got them powder coated rebuilt the heater system new freeze plugs flushed the engine while they were out when i get it on the ground then i can start the metal work on the body and the doors and when i get the heads back i can put the engine back together i got the right water pump and the oil filter soon i can hang the sheet metal back on the front this is the first car i have attempted to restore i don't know what I'm doing but I'm doing 

Andrew Armitage

Quite an undertaking (pun intended).  Good luck!  Looks like for your first restoration project, you're making excellent progress.  It's gonna be a head turner when you're done!
Andrew Armitage
Plainfield, IL
1941 67 Series
1966 Fleetwood 75 Series
1985 Seville
1991 Eldorado