News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 Cadillac Series 7519.... Second try

Started by 1941-7523, January 05, 2012, 10:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1941-7523

I have tried to post things on my topic and I was having trouble and now it wont even open so I will try again. Here are pictures of my current car from the 70's courtesy of Mr. Hartjen and a few photos of the interior wood after I finished restoring it.

rbgman10

Hey Matt, I have a 42 7533F, looking for running boards, just bought the car and it has none. Who did you get yours from or were your old ones restored. Any info would be helpful. Contact @ rbgman10@aol.com or cell 973-951-7757, thanks, Roy
1942 7533F seven passenger formal sedan

Paul Tesone

Great job on the wood . Let's see some more photos . Paul Tesone CLC # 6876

kkarrer

Matt,
     Nice work man!  I saw that picture of your hood standing up on end.  I just shot mine with base and clear last night.  I'll cut and polish it over the next couple of days.  I've got to figure out how to reinstall those hood springs in the meantime.  Those things are tough to stretch.  I had to make a tool for the ones on my 50, but these are different.  Are you planning to get out to Nationals in June?
Keep up the good work!
Ken

KD

Matthew,
Nice job, you are really having a lot of progress,  Now I have to catch up with you.
Come over and see mine.
Ken Dennison CLC#26801
Ken Dennison

1935 Auburn S/C Cabroilet
1940 Cadillac V16 7 passenger Imperial Sedan (9033)
1929 Ford Closed Cab Pick Up
1960 Austin Healey Sprite

Jeff Wilk

That wood grain is amazing!!!  What did you use to achieve that look?
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

kkarrer

Matthew,
     Things are looking good man.  That dash is really nice.  Mine was in decent shape, so I just mixed some paint and touched up and then ran a little 800 over it and shot some clear.  I think it'll be ok.  The rest of the trim was still wrapped up and had been for about 20 years I think.  On your wheels, the best thing I found to do (and I'm about to do it with mine...Vincennes Red) is to get them demounted and then blast them.  Shoot them with EXTEND if you still have some rust concerns and let that stuff set up for 24 hrs.  I paint them by using a big closet dowel (about 1 1/2" diameter) that's hung between two meat hooks that are suspended from the rafters in my garage.  This allows me to spin them while I apply the primer and paint.  It works great.  I got the doors hung on my coupe and they and the body are now pin striped.  I had to redo the doggone hood because some very small stuff had started to bubble up under the clearcoat.  I'd had it outside and I think the old primer had absorbed some moisture.  That was a hard lesson to learn because it sure did look good and it took forever to strip it back down to the metal.  Hoping to shoot color and clear back on it tonight and mount that rascal later in the week when it's hardened up.  Fenders will be next.  Making it to Nationals with this thing is going to be tough.  I may have to take some time off from work to get 'er done...nights and weekends just don't seem to be enough.
Take care.  Hope to see you in Florida,
Ken Karrer 1941 6227D coupe