News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1937 LaSalle coupe rear bumper brackets

Started by 1937 LaSalle coupe, August 31, 2012, 02:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1937 LaSalle coupe

Hello everyone. Just checking my bumper brackets on my '37 LaSalle coupe and they are very rusty and heavily pitted. I would like to get a set that is in better shape by being not so rusty and pitted. A set off a '37 LaSalle or a model # 60 Cadillac would work. I don't know if sedans or coupes interchange or not. Possibly '38 coupes are the same also. If anyone has an extra set for a coupe let me know and if you know if the sedans are the same as the coupes please advise me. Thanks very much. John Lehman... CLC # 26365... Have a safe holiday!!!

1937 LaSalle coupe

Hello everyone. I'm still looking for a couple of rear bumper brackets for my 1937 LaSalle coupe. Would like to find a pair better than mine. Probably '37 & '38 coupes are the same. I don't know if sedans would work but would have to do some measuring of the hole patterns. Thanks alot... John Lehman... CLC # 26365...

Mike Simmons 938

John- the parts book indicates that all bodies in the  1937 series 50 (yours) and 60 (Cad, small) used the same "Bumper Mounting Bars", as the group 11.0792 is named. Seems odd to me, but the bars  are actually  listed individually, rather than in the riveted pairs as always found on cars. If you need just one of the pair, the right and left inners were also used on the 38-50 and 60, but not the outers- the latter seem to be one year only.
Mike Simmons 938