News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

hi all im new here from melbourne australia

Started by 57caddy, December 26, 2012, 09:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

57caddy

the red was defently factory there was no blue under it at all there was no sign of the engine been taken out dont know matbe it was orded in red

Walter Youshock

It was definitely repainted or replaced at some time.  ALL Cadillac engines were painted the same blue.  Does the number on the block match the number on the chassis?
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

57caddy

all numbers are matching walter even the service tag

57caddy

Cadillac Ranch

Hi David, your coupe looks great and is a credit to you, your dad and your mother!
I live at Mornington Victoria now, and have a 1970 DeVille convertible. In 1987 I bought a drivable 1957 Cadillac coupe DeVille whilst in Los Angeles, drove it around then shipped it over here. It was baby blue with a lighter roof. Such a cool car to own and drive. It's long gone now, but the memories rushed back when I saw your photos.
I was wondering whether you'd know any where I could buy a 472 Cadillac V8 to suit my convertible, or even a 500 cuber as someone said it'd bolt up. Any tips?
Thanks
Rob Warden -0419 752604

Hayden P

nice car. I am just starting to strip my 60 coupe to do a full resto.

Do you still have your rotiserrie ? If so...interested in selling it ? I am in Shepparton, Vic.

I am going to try and do most of work myself. Your story is inspiring !

57caddy

hi rob i have a friend near berwick who may be able to help you with an engine or know someone who may
his name is paul this is his number 0422001111

Quote from: Cadillac Ranch on January 14, 2013, 05:15:00 AM
Hi David, your coupe looks great and is a credit to you, your dad and your mother!
I live at Mornington Victoria now, and have a 1970 DeVille convertible. In 1987 I bought a drivable 1957 Cadillac coupe DeVille whilst in Los Angeles, drove it around then shipped it over here. It was baby blue with a lighter roof. Such a cool car to own and drive. It's long gone now, but the memories rushed back when I saw your photos.
I was wondering whether you'd know any where I could buy a 472 Cadillac V8 to suit my convertible, or even a 500 cuber as someone said it'd bolt up. Any tips?
Thanks
Rob Warden -0419 752604

57caddy

hi hayden thanxs mate sorry but its not for sale

Quote from: Hayden P on January 14, 2013, 06:22:09 AM
nice car. I am just starting to strip my 60 coupe to do a full resto.

Do you still have your rotiserrie ? If so...interested in selling it ? I am in Shepparton, Vic.

I am going to try and do most of work myself. Your story is inspiring !

Hayden P

No worries.

Would you hire it out ?

No problem if not - just looking at all my options.

Thanks again. Hayden.

57caddy

love to  help you out but a friend is shortly going to use it for a while to do his car  have you looked at buying one on ebay  there not that expensive

Hayden P

Seen em on eBay and in local magazine ads... Just concerned about quality.

57caddy

57caddy

rear bar now on

N Kahn

57caddy