News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac Ignition Coil Connections

Started by Vinny6t6, May 14, 2013, 11:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny6t6

OK, I need help.  I installed a Mallory electronic ignition module in my distributor on my 66DVC.  I had it for a couple of years and I do not like it and want to go back to points.  My question is this.  What wires go to the + and - side of the coil?  This is what I am thinking: the two coming from the firewall go to the positive side of the terminal.  I see a black wire coming from the firewall which I assume goes to the negative side.  also, the black wire from the distributor that I think goes to negative side also.  I am getting no spark.  The coil and points are new.  This is driving me nuts!!!  I am gettin 12v at the + coil with the ignition on (I tested this with a voltage meter and test light).  How do I test the negative side?  Please help!!!
1966 DeVille Convertible
1980 Eldorado Biarritz
1993 40th Anniversary Corvette 6 Speed