News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

59 Biarritz

Started by Nicholas Y, August 21, 2013, 01:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade

Quote from: 66 Eldo on October 10, 2015, 06:42:53 PM
Don't mean to burst your bubble (impossible,  you own a 59 Eldo  :)) but if it has been repainted, its not original. Color change? Even more.  Regardless, beautiful car.

To his defense, there is a slight difference between an 'original' and 'factory original' car. In his case he only used the word original which basically means most parts on the car are original except those that are replaced with continues use (such as spark plugs, break pads) and could even include a new paint job or a replaced windshield but in these cases generally a person also states these as he did in his original message. He would have erred if he said 'factory original' which MUST have the same paint job and all other parts that the car came out of the factory.

Nicholas Y

New black top as was supposed to be on it!
N. Yassan
CLC #22272

Nicholas Y

Whitewalls added that were purchased from fellow club member.
N. Yassan
CLC #22272

lorenzo2013

That color actually looks great.  Do you know what the code is for it by chance? 

59-in-pieces

lorenzo2013,
The paint code for Seminole Red is 50.
However if you don't know, that color was not an standard Eldorado color, although could have been a Special Order.
Or, as in my case, I just liked it and repainted an Olympic White original with red - 2 types of black leather inside, but a white top which was original.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

lorenzo2013

Quote from: 59-in-pieces on August 04, 2017, 01:57:20 PM
lorenzo2013,
The paint code for Seminole Red is 50.
However if you don't know, that color was not an standard Eldorado color, although could have been a Special Order.
Or, as in my case, I just liked it and repainted an Olympic White original with red - 2 types of black leather inside, but a white top which was original.
Have fun,
Steve B.
Steve - thanks, the paint code for Seminole red i'm aware of, but it seems like a much darker, almost "cherry" red in the photos.  I love the color.

59-in-pieces

lorenzo2013
The Nickolas car is not the correct color but close - more on the dark side.
And since it was on an Eldorado, it was likely a repaint and not even correct for the Eildo., see previous comment.
The real color code 50 Seminole Red is lighter and mush brighter.
See pic below.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Nicholas Y

This is a code 92 car, Argent which was silver.  it was painted this shade of resell red in the 70s, you can still see the original color in some places
N. Yassan
CLC #22272

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Thanks for bringing it to the GN.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

59-in-pieces

Nicholas,
I meant no disrespect.
My comments in the past have been most complimentary, until this focused thread and my observation and not so artfully stated comment.
Sincere apologies - just consider me Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory - open mouth without any filter or censorship.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher