News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

November 2015 North Texas Region Cadillac & LaSalle Newsletter

Started by Bill Levy CLC # 25695, October 30, 2015, 03:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Levy CLC # 25695

Happy November   :D

The North Texas Region Cadillac & LaSalle club brings you another big newsletter this month with some cool stuff.
We start on page one with Honest John’s 10th Annual Fintastic Chili Cook-off.  This will be a great social event for family and friends.  Lots of good food, and a chance to show off your “Texas Chili” skills.  Don’t miss it.
On page 2 and 3 we recap the 31st NTXCLC Regional Meet.  I was not there to capture everything with my trust Sony DSLR, but I had some very good contributions so we could share the activity with those of you who missed it.
Page 4 is a calendar of activities. Please take special note of the March and April Pate dates.  (times may change). If you think something can be added we want to hear from you. 
Page 6 is where I put some maps for page 1 and page 7 events so you should not get lost.  Now you have no excuse to say you did not know where the event was and missed it due to disorientation.
On page 7 is an event we have tried hard to get scheduled, but there was always something.  This looks good now, so be sure to get a check for $15.00 to Joy Ames by Thursday, the 5th, so you don’t miss out. (I sent mine already.)
Page 8 has words from our president and region director, Rubye Mae Hubbard Musser.  Good stuff, so give it a full read.
On pages 9, 10, and 11 Richard Dormois accepted my invitation to contribute his story to our international newsletter, and it is very good.  He tells me there is more, so I look forward to it.  You can do the same, and if it might need some editing, still feel free to send me your article.  As long as it is about Cadillacs, LaSalles, and would interest the members of this club, send it to me.
Pages 12 and 13 I cover more about my favorite Cadillac engine, the Northstar.
Page 14 is your official invitation to this year’s (Jan 3, 2016) Cadillac Christmas Party.  Like last year, which was received warmly by everyone, we invite you to dress up in clothes that represent the period or year of your Caddy.  We had some great outfits last time, and our winners were all interesting, so give it some thought and visit your favorite haberdashery and ladies’ shop and get outfitted. We need your RSVP and check by December 30th, 2015, so don’t forget.  We have to plan ahead so no walk-ins will be allowed.
Pages 15 and 16 is for your convenience to get your dues check in early, so we can report our membership numbers to the Pate Committee.  Should be good this year with a number of new members.  A bigger membership gets a bigger share of the Pate Swap Meet  income, so help us out and don’t be late.
Pages 17, 18, 19, and 5) is institutional stuff and ads.  Please tell the advertisers when you visit with them that you saw their ad in our newsletter.  By the way, there is more room for classified ads.  You get three lines plus a picture for three months for members, non-members can get three lines for three months for $35, or with a picture for $50.  (No extra charge for having your car pictured in Leake Auction’s ad.) Oh, and one more thing: Since Neil Jefferson has decided to leave his Treasurer’s post so he could freeze his tail off in Wisconsin, we have installed Jim Hanson, formerly a club director, as our new treasurer. Congratulations Jim, and Happy Trails Neil.
Page 20 is another calendar, just the right size for the fridge. And I have included another of my great Cars & Coffee photos.

B. Levy
41 61S Fastback
68 Sedan DeVille
68 Coupe DeVille
73 Fleetwood Brougham
01 Eldorado ETC
06 STS 1SG