News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Greetings All!

Started by Toddunger, January 21, 2017, 12:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toddunger

I've recently inherited a nice 1955 Eldorado Sport Convertible, 27K on the odometer.  Currently located in Southern NJ, but moving to Arizona. Dad really pampered his Caddy and I am proud to take over the Legacy.  I'm an aviation mechanic by trade, but the vintage car thing is new to me.  Should I be aware of any common problems with this car?  It seems VERY roadworthy.  Looking forward to learning and enjoying ownership of this magnificent automobile.
1955 Eldorado Sport Convertible
1984 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
1991 Porsche Carrera 2

Bobby B

Todd,
Welcome.....You are ONE LUCKY PERSON! And Congratulations also! Good Luck with your New Beauty. I hope there are good memories that go along with it. We're neighbors in NJ. Am I jealous....Damn RIGHT!  >:D
                                                                                                                        Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Nice car Todd!

I have a couple of 1955 Eldorado's

They are great and hardy cars.

The only thing I can say is drive the car as often as you can.

The good people of Arizona will love it!

Mike     #15848
Mike
Baillargeon

jdemerson

Todd,

If that Cadillac, with 27,000 miles, is even half as nice as it looks, it is an exceptional car. Many fans of 1950s Cadillacs think that 1955 was a particularly good year for engine and transmission. The Eldorado model, in white and red even, is just stunning. Keep it an original unrestored car, if it is indeed that now.  We are interested in learning more about it. Congratulations!

John
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Caddyjack

Congrats on the awesome Cadillac, and my condolences on your father.
Jack Larson
Philadelphia, PA