News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1932 Cadillac V12 Condenser Tank

Started by Alex D., October 02, 2017, 08:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex D.

The Condenser Tank (radiator overflow tank?) located on the right side frame rail is totally rust out on the bottom. A previous owner some 50 plus years ago had made a copper patch for the bottom. There is very little information on this tank in the service manual or the Authenticity Manual. I am in the process of making a new tank and my question is, would there have been some kind of drain plug in the bottom of this tank?
1932 370B  V12

John Sweney

If you still need the answer, it is YES, there is a drain on the bottom.  See my photo.  I have removed the petcock drain because I do not use this tank anymore, but the welded-in threaded brass insert is clearly visible.  Does that help?

Alex D.

John; thanks for the reply. Your answer helps very much. I made a new tank from a heavier gauge steel to be easier to weld. I will go back now and add the drain plug. Do you know the size and type of drain plug? Thanks again
Alex D.
1932 370B  V12

John Sweney

Hi Alex,

I do not see any photo or specification in the authenticity manual... Mine just used a standard brass radiator petcock.  I like this one on Amazon because of the Mickey Mouse ears! <grin>

http://a.co/bvelA9M

Alex D.

There’s very little information on this tank in the authenticity manual. Page 63 has a picture of a round tank, possibly for a 31 model. Thanks for the link to the petcock. It looks like it will be a perfect fit.

Alex D.
1932 370B  V12