News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1932 fleetwood v12 5 passenger town coupe

Started by EAAR, October 03, 2017, 09:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EAAR

I have recently purchased a 1932 Fleetwood 5 passenger town car or 32 12 222 or 5081 and is body number 1.  I will be giving the car a complete restoration required.  Can anyone provide me with information regarding this car or model?  I am especially in need of assistance with information or patterns of the wood skeleton.

dochawk

As I'm catching up, I see this was never answered.

all that I can say is that the authenticity manuals may be of help.

Hopefully, this bumps it enough to get an answer from someone who knows what he is talking about :)

hawk
1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)

m-mman

You need to tell us more.
What is your experience with restorations related to cars from this era?
When you use the words 'complete restoration'? To what level? Driver or Pebble Beach?

I cant look up your body style numbers at work, but your posting has confused town COUPE and town CAR. . . .?

Wood kits?? sorry the cars are too scarce.
Replacing the wood frames in these cars is a custom process performed on that individual car by a very skilled wood worker. There are no short cuts.

1929 341B Town Sedan
1971 Miller-Meteor Lifeliner ambulance
Other non-Cadillac cars
Near Los Angeles, California

CLC #29634

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Quote from: EAAR on October 03, 2017, 09:05:07 PM
I have recently purchased a 1932 Fleetwood 5 passenger town car or 32 12 222 or 5081 and is body number 1.  I will be giving the car a complete restoration required.  Can anyone provide me with information regarding this car or model?  I am especially in need of assistance with information or patterns of the wood skeleton.
I suggest you contact Ted Raines in Ca. He's in the directory.  He knows a lot about these cars. Tell him I sent you.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

EAAR

Thanks for the responses.  To clarify it is a 5 passenger town coupe.  I will be doing the wood work myself.  I have successfully done other cars previously.  I was hoping for some patterns.  This one has been compromised.