News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Source for replacement seatbelts - 1970 Deville Convertible

Started by grantatx, October 11, 2017, 01:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grantatx

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me where I could source either a good used, or repro front passenger side seatbelt (type RCF-67) for my '70 Deville Convertible? See pic attached. I've tried E-Bay to no avail. I also spoke with USA Parts Supply today - they're going to see if they've got something similar to what I need. Anyone know anywhere else that might be able to help?

5390john

1955 CDV "Marilyn"

"Panic Accordingly"

chrisntam

What's wrong with it?

It looks dirty (pic is low resolution).  Use gojo or other hand cleaner, scrub, rinse with water and it should clean up nicely.  Repeat if needed.

If it's something else, get a Hemmings Motor News, there are lots of Cadillac related salvage yards listed.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

grantatx

Quote from: chrisntam on October 11, 2017, 06:04:35 AM
What's wrong with it?

It looks dirty (pic is low resolution).  Use gojo or other hand cleaner, scrub, rinse with water and it should clean up nicely.  Repeat if needed.

If it's something else, get a Hemmings Motor News, there are lots of Cadillac related salvage yards listed.

Unfortunately the buckle is broken and won't hold the seatbelt locked closed.

chrisntam

Perhaps post your need down below in the "parts wanted" section.  Could it be that '69 & '70 belts are the same?  Not sure.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Quote from: grantatx on October 11, 2017, 09:29:40 AM
Unfortunately the buckle is broken and won't hold the seatbelt locked closed.
Watch for an email from me.
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

gkhashem

http://www.seatbeltsplus.com/product/1205-60.html

has the GM logo in buckle

many colors to choose from and lengths

I have had varying luck cleaning old ones. Sometimes they clean up others not so.

1959 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Sports Sedan
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr #72)
1964 Oldsmobile 98 Town Sedan (OCA 1st)
1970 GMC C1500
1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Coupe
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr Crown #959)*
1992 Oldsmobile 98 (OCA 1st)
1996 Oldsmobile 98
*CLC Past President's Preservation

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville
1966 Coupe Deville (Sr #861)*
1991 Eldorado Biarritz (Sr #838)

klinebau

I was missing the female buckles and straps when I bought my '70, but I had the retractors.  I contacted www.seatbeltsolutions.com for help.  They re-webbed and reconditioned the retractors and also made new belts for the missing sides.  I was extremely happy with the outcome.  I looked a long time on eBay and other sites for pre-made items, but could never find what I needed.  For what they did, I thought the costs were resonable but were more expensive then buying something off the shelf.
1970 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Detroit, MI

grantatx

Thanks everyone for all the helpful replies! I have to say the helpfulness of everyone on the board and willingness to take the time to reply is just great. As I work on my car and learn more I look forward to being able to be a contributor also.

I ended up sourcing a good used one from USA Parts Supply. But it's good to have all the additional resources for when I need to have the belts re-done.

Cheers,

Grant

cadillacmike68

1969 and 1970 Cadillac seat belts were the same. GM logo on the button and a small buckle for the lap bely vs. a big buckle for the shoulder belt.

Mine in my 1968 were filthy, oil soaked , etc, so I took them all off when i first got the car and put them in the washing machine with plenty of detergent. They came out real clean, and even most of the white cloth labels stayed put.

I also iron my WW2 M1 Garand rifle stocks!  :P
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike