News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1976 Coupe 1,072 miles

Started by STS05lg, October 23, 2017, 08:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STS05lg

On E-Bay, NOT MY CAR, (I don't have any more garage space).... Some one checked all the option boxes on this one, even the Astro Roof and it only has 1,072 miles.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1976-Cadillac-DeVille-/182837234816?hash=item2a91f2cc80:g:fBcAAOSwW9dZyBtd&vxp=mtr

TMoore - NTCLC

but, why would you paint a Firethorn Red car black after only 1K miles???  Nice car, but really strange to have a color change on a car that would be worth far more as original.  Notice that the passenger side front bumper seems to have an alignment issue with the fender.  I wonder if there is much more to the story (like maybe a very major accident that required a major re-spray and thus the color change)?

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Something does not seem right. From the pictures it doesn't appear as "sharp" as a brand new car would.  In addition to the color change, the Black top would definitely look strange with the Firethorn Red although it is listed as an option.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

35-709

Yes, I would want to see some pretty solid proof of that mileage figure.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Duncan Fox

Agree with the comments re the "sharpness" has any one ever seen a red car with black roof . I think it has been painted also.

At first glance I was very keen but the more I look at it the more I wonder........
1930 V16 roadster
2005 CTSV

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A check of the data plate would reveal the original color of the roof. Otherwise I've seen any number of '76 Cadillacs in Firethorn and other red colors with black vinyl top which I believe may even have been a recommended color combination at the time.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Duncan Fox

The car was triple Red originally, the  owner had a love for 76 coupes all of them were Black eventually. The trunk rubber is worrying were they glued at the factory . I would have thought that it would have been renewed had it been damaged removing it to paint the gutter. How many of you think this car is worth over 10 k if you take into consideration the color change. I could live with the Black top but that paint doesn't look good.
1930 V16 roadster
2005 CTSV

D.Smith

The top looks painted/dyed to me as well.   

This is why I don't like color changes.   Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Triple Firethorn is stunning.   

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

How about with a white top?
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

kevinanderson

When  I was in college, there was a CDV exactly like this. Two gorgeous blondes with long hair would cruise around campus with the roof open. Long hair blowing around and perfect smiles on their face. It always reminded me of a photo shoot for a rock album.  I remember that car like it was yesterday.  Never thought I'd see a similar one.
Kevin

Chas

Ayres Pontiac/Cadillac dealership building is still there on Route 130 South, just before the town of Burlington. They closed during the last great corporate "restructuring". It's being used now as some sort of warehouse from what I can see. Really neat architecture. "L" shaped building with the short side facing the highway. Huge, three story semi circular all glass showroom that holds maybe four cars. Very late '50's/early 60's "Googie" architecture. I drive bye there about every three months. Now and then, a classic Pontiac or Cadillac pops up in the showroom. Don't know what that's all about.
1967 Coupe DeVille
1970 Coupe DeVille
1976 Coupe DeVille
1983 Coupe DeVille
1977 Harley Cafe Racer
1991 Harley Fat Boy
1957 Harley Hardtail
1949 Lusse Bumper Car
If you're 25 years old and not a liberal, you have no heart. If you're 45 years old and not a conservative, you have no money!

Chas

A Dr. Philip Brick is listed on the paperwork posted as the original owner. A quick internet search reveals that he is still in practice in southern New Jersey. Probably wouldn't hurt if anyone interested in the car gave him a call.
1967 Coupe DeVille
1970 Coupe DeVille
1976 Coupe DeVille
1983 Coupe DeVille
1977 Harley Cafe Racer
1991 Harley Fat Boy
1957 Harley Hardtail
1949 Lusse Bumper Car
If you're 25 years old and not a liberal, you have no heart. If you're 45 years old and not a conservative, you have no money!

Dr Brick passed away in 2011.

If he was the original owner, there's an excellent chance the mileage is actual.

wrefakis

Dr Brick, rip many years ago he had a 70 coupe that alan wolf ran ads all over on 9k original one owner miles best on earth.
went to the doctors leaky roof chicken coupe to see crusty car on 4 flats under piles of rotting newspapers
he also left a 4k mile original 58 new Yorker convert out side for 15 years

if he owned or touched it run for your life

Back in '92 I bought an original SO '64 CdV from Dr Brick with ~ 22K on the clock which was a really nice car. He bought a lot of new Cadillacs in the '70s that he put away never drove. So I guess some were stored better than others. I remember him telling me about this 3x Firethorn at the time I was picking up the '64. The second owner must have color changed it - Dr Brick was not into black cars.

Appears to have sold for $13,655.

Duncan Fox

I mulled over  and over on this one and finally decided that it was the Mona Lisa that had had the ink pot knocked over on it. once I had that thought in my mind I happily walked away. I also felt that all that effort changing back to Red was not going to be worth it in the end. It was NEVER going to be a untouched 1000 mile car.
1930 V16 roadster
2005 CTSV

James Landi

Good Call Duncan  -- you know you won't be entirely happy...the romance one has with a car is, to my mind, very personal.  If it's "almost, but not quite," then you'll never get to that "bliss point."  My best experiences with my Cadillacs occur when I simply can't "look at the often enough."  Living in Maine, I have to store my recently purchased XLR in a heated facility, and likely won't see it for 6 months.  I am already suffering from separation anxiety... she goes into storage tomorrow.