News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 Cadillac vacuum lines HELP!

Started by Brian Dowell, October 25, 2017, 07:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Dowell

Almost have the car done! Trying to put the dash in however I failed to mark the vacuum lines. I'm going to try to post photos which I hope will help.
30 LaSalle Coupe
30 LaSalle 7 Passenger touring
33 LaSalle Sedan
60 Cadillac Convertible
15 Model T Touring

Brian Dowell

This is on fire wall on the passenger side. Where does it route too. Marked A.
30 LaSalle Coupe
33 LaSalle Sedan
60 Cadillac Convertible
15 Model T Touring

Brian Dowell

Mounted on the intake on front of engine. Where does it go! Marked B.
30 LaSalle Coupe
33 LaSalle Sedan
60 Cadillac Convertible
15 Model T Touring

Brian Dowell

One of the vacuum lines go thru here Marked C.
30 LaSalle Coupe
33 LaSalle Sedan
60 Cadillac Convertible
15 Model T Touring

Brian Dowell

Bottom of the steering column. Top line & Bottom line!
30 LaSalle Coupe
33 LaSalle Sedan
60 Cadillac Convertible
15 Model T Touring

Brian Dowell

Vacuum connection on the heater control. Has a green dot blue dot n center. What goes we're!!! I'm lost.
30 LaSalle Coupe
33 LaSalle Sedan
60 Cadillac Convertible
15 Model T Touring

Brian Dowell

Just need to route these lines put dash on and I think I'm ready to start. 4 years. Cross my fingers!
30 LaSalle Coupe
33 LaSalle Sedan
60 Cadillac Convertible
15 Model T Touring

Chris Conklin

Chris Conklin

Brian Dowell

I've searched these manuals unable to locate. Anyone take a look under the hood. Anyone have a dash off can you look. Hoping to put dash in on Monday!
30 LaSalle Coupe
33 LaSalle Sedan
60 Cadillac Convertible
15 Model T Touring

David Greenburg

Both A and B go through the firewall to the heater controls (B is the vacuum source).  My car has a/c and I don't see anything that resembles C.  As for the steering column (NSS), the line closest to the steering wheel goes to the vacuum diaphragm on the parking brake, and the other one, closest to the firewall, goes through the firewall and connects to a "t" connection on the pipe coming out of the vacuum reserve tank in the front fender.  I tried sticking my inspection camera up in the dash to try and see where the hoses (A and B) connect on the back of it, but couldn't get a good view of it.  Doing so reminded, however, that one of the ports on the back of the heater control remains "vacant" - no hose.  I'm going to look for dash pictures, but I doubt they will show the detail you need.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Brian Dowell

Thank you, Mr Greenberg!!!
I believe this is going to work!
I'm going to do this tomorrow Monday!
Brian.
30 LaSalle Coupe
33 LaSalle Sedan
60 Cadillac Convertible
15 Model T Touring

David Greenburg

I’m happy to be of help; I’m usually the one asking questions.  I did not find any better pictures, but I think you can try the different ports on the heater control until you find the ones that work.  If I had to guess, I’d say the one with the dot is the vacuum intake (coming from the vacuum take-off  you tagged as B).
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Scott Halver

Hello Brian,
If you look at page 14-6 it has the schematics of the vacuum lines (1959-60 Shop Manual)........   I followed the book (had dash out) and my heat, defrost, and ac work perfectly .... 
SHalver CLC #24920
1960 Eldorado Seville, Grandfather Bought New
1970 Corvette Convertible 350/350