News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

55 Cadillac muffler support bracket

Started by Bob Kielar, October 31, 2017, 02:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Kielar

My new exhaust is due in the next two weeks.  The exhaust on the car right now is far from original. The bracket/clamp/support that goes behind the mufflers are gone. I don't know whats supposed to be there a picture or a sketch would be great is this just a support or does it encompass the rear muffler clamp as well?

Thanks,
Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

J. Gomez

Quote from: Bob Kielar on October 31, 2017, 02:47:13 PM
My new exhaust is due in the next two weeks.  The exhaust on the car right now is far from original. The bracket/clamp/support that goes behind the mufflers are gone. I don't know whats supposed to be there a picture or a sketch would be great is this just a support or does it encompass the rear muffler clamp as well?

Thanks,
Bob Kielar

Bob,

If I’m correct the picture you posted is the one under the pipe after the muffler about ½ way on the main frame above a cross member. ???

Per the exhaust layout drawing there is a pipe clamp/bracket that seat above the rubber pads on both side, it is not bolted. You can see it here -> http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=147274.0 under the pdf file and it shows as Group 9.0293.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Caddy Wizard

Bob,

The rubber pad that the back of the muffler rests on is original.  They even tweaked how much of it is supposed to jut out past the end of the muffler in the Service Bulletin letters that year.  When I first got my current 55, I questioned the correctness of that same part, but to my surprise it seems proper. 

Art
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Bob Kielar

So does the L piece on 9.0293 just rests on the rubber?

Regards,
Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

Caddy Wizard

Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)

Bob Kielar

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will have to fabricate a couple brackets but will have to wait for the install so I know where everything lands. Don't know if this will act as a clamp for the pipe going to the resonator or just a support or both.

Regards,
Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

Caddy Wizard

Maybe this will help...
Art Gardner