News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1969 limo wheel colour

Started by 1969cadillac, November 01, 2017, 06:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969cadillac

hello ... I am getting my wheels on my 69 limo powder coated ... (actually they have already been done... but maybe the WRONG colour!!)

looks like they are originally gray as it looks like the wheels are original and have never been painted before.

BUT ! in the Cadillac- La sale authenticity manual it states that the 69-70 series 75 wheels are BLACK

NOW the powdercoater has already painted the wheels black by accident!!

so what do I do??

can anybody out there confim that for the 69 model year they should be gray ..?? or it don't really matter if they are black ..

I guess that black would hide the dirt better !

your thoughts please , Murray Mules

cadillacmike68

The authenticity manual is probabyl correct.

What might have happened is that the wheels on your car might have been replaced with non-series 75 wheels which would account for the grey color. The wheels for the series 75 are stronger, made for a different load range tire, hence the black color to differentiate them.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

According to the MPL, 1970 wheels are black. It's reasonable to assume '69 being so similar is also black.
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

1969cadillac

Thanks Mike for your comments. The wheels are correct as they are riveted.... I believe they are orig, this is a very orig. car. As for the colour... well!! I also own a 69 deville and its wheels are BLACK and they are welded and NOT riveted. I think the limo wheels are meant to be gray...but will leave them black , I don't think it really matters...God Bless !!

Murrya Mules

chrisntam

My "new to me" '70 had both black and gray wheels.  I think the consensus when I asked the question was they could be either.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas