News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1992 Fleetwood RWD

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, November 01, 2017, 01:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/d/1992-cadillac-fleetwood/6306293705.html

I have no interest in this item, but I saw it, and thought that you RWD guys would like to at least see it. And since it is perhaps a car "I've always wanted..." now and then, if you buy it, your bride can (partially) blame me...
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Maynard Krebs

Too bad that, like most real RWD Fleetwoods, the color is too dark.

jdemerson

Quote from: Maynard Krebs on November 06, 2017, 11:01:16 PM
Too bad that, like most real RWD Fleetwoods, the color is too dark.

Did any 1992 Fleetwoods have a lower body color that matched the rest of the car (instead of the common silver)?

John Emerson
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

If the upper color was Silver or Antelope Firemist, the molding color was automatically matched to the upper color. No other choice was offered for either color.

If the upper color was Light Sapphire Blue, White or Black, the lower moldings could be ordered either in Silver, or with "contrasting color delete" - in other words - matched to the respective upper color.

For all other upper colors, Silver was the only choice for the moldings.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Crimtide

Quote from: jdemerson on November 08, 2017, 08:04:52 AM
Did any 1992 Fleetwoods have a lower body color that matched the rest of the car (instead of the common silver)?

John Emerson

Mine is plumb - https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/1992-cadillac-fleetwood-55k/6573516557.html
1992 Cadillac Fleetwood Coupe

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Two different animals. Topic car is a (RWD) Brougham (no longer called "Fleetwood Brougham" after 1986) which was only offered in a 4 door sedan, the Division having decided too many models with the word "Fleetwood" was beginning to cause confusion.

Unfortunately this decision had the opposite effect as most people continued referring to the large RWD model as the "Fleetwood Brougham" or just "Fleetwood" as it was done in the title of this tread.

If that wasn't confusion enough, Cadillac again designated the Brougham's replacement as "Fleetwood" and "Fleetwood Brougham" when it was restyled in 1993 (along the lines of the Caprice/Roadmaster body). The Fleetwood Brougham had a more upscale interior than the base Fleetwood. This model was manufactured until 1996 which would be Cadillac's final RWD for some time.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute