News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac working horns needed

Started by carguyblack, November 02, 2017, 10:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

Looking for a pair, if possible, of working 1956 Cadillac horns. Perhaps '54 or '55 will work as well. At the least, I need a low tone horn for sure. I completely wrecked it trying a fix. Those things don't welcome home repairs on them, I guess!
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

carguyblack

I have since located a working low tone horn so I am set for now. However, I will be listing for sale a very nice looking pair of 1956 Cadillac horns that have been taken apart (rivets removed) and now can't get to operate properly. Someone with expertise beyond me I am sure could get these working again and would have a beautiful pair of horns to use. Everything is there and seems to be functioning well like the magnet etc. The pair has been painted base/clear in black.  I am very frustrated with myself but I'm crying "uncle!" on this project for me.
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE