News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Just bought a 1975 Cadillac fleetwood talisman

Started by Mseumeren, November 05, 2017, 12:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagbuxx #12944

Offered 1974 thru 1976 only. The 1973 was the first year for the d’Elegance package on the Brougham
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

Scot Minesinger

1974 first year, and with rear bucket seats (4 bucket seats total), then 1975 and 1976 with just front bucket seats (rear bench)
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Vince Taliano #13852

All three Talisman model years were represented at the 2015 CLC Potomac Region Fall Car Show at Capitol Cadillac.  Read about it at http://www.clcpotomacregion.org/forms/CLCPR.1511Newsletter.pdf starting on page 15.
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 3,000 pictures!)

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on November 05, 2017, 01:32:52 PM
I would strongly recommend sticking with R12. Not only will the system work better but it will be far less inclined to leak the refrigerant as R134a conversions are notorious for doing.

Sounds like an interesting car. Feel free to post some photos when you get the chance.

Welcome to the CLC Forum.

My R134a conversion doesn't leak and it performs just as good as an R12 system. I know, because for the first 17 years I had it, mine was an R12 system. You need to have an AC expert adjust it all correctly. 
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Mseumeren

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the many replies! The years that the Talisman was produced were from 74 till 76 and indeed only the the 74 had the rear console, this car is nowadays considered very very rare..

I have a new questions, my fuel gauge is not working..

Do you guys have any advice where to find either an original fuel gauge or a replica for a 75/76 fleetwood?
I think they were basically the same for all models in 75 and 76 but I might be wrong.

Any help would be really appreciated!  ;D

Regards,
Matt

1975 Cadillac fleetwood talisman

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Problem is probably in the sending unit in the tank, ground connection or anywhere in the wiring. Failure in the dash gauge unit itself is extremely rare. More diagnosis is needed.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Mseumeren

Thank you Eric, they have researched the sending unit actually.

The problem occurred as followed over the last year..
- Gauge worked fine
- Gauge started to fluctuate
- Gauge came below E and came back up some times
- Gauge is permanently below E, Red light indication still works.

They have tried grounding the fuel gauge by looking if it would react, but it didn't. How likely is it that the problem could be in the wiring to the fuel Gauge?

Thanks again!
1975 Cadillac fleetwood talisman

Eldorado James

It's been my experience that maybe 40-50% of the Cadillac Fleetwood line cars (including Eldorados) had factory cruise control.  People who reallly love that option can upgrade their car and add it (Same with Twilight Sentinel / Dimming).....it might take some doing, but it's certainly not the highest level rocket science to add (remember that off-the-shelf cruise units were available back in that era!).  Dash switch, servo, actuator, another speedo cable, vacuum connection, power lead & wiring, cutoff switch......I have all of those parts & factory cruise diagrams.  Let me know if you are interested in upgrading.

Regards
James
~Eldorado James~

Currently:
1972 Eldorado Convertible
1975 Eldorado Convertible

Past Cadillacs:  Too many to remember.