News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 Cadillac 60S

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, November 05, 2017, 07:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

https://chambana.craigslist.org/cto/d/1941-cadillac-fleetwood/6374555381.html

This is going to sell with a phone call. have no interest except it's sure a good deal.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

GO for it Barry!!! Your favorite blue color too!!
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

DBDB

As long as it is no scammer .I have been busy with a 1948 Buick cvt and since i knew somebody very good in the close neighborhood i told the seller i would send my friend to look at the car and make  a down payment .But then he was never at home and all kinds of reasons , he just wanted me to send my money and if the car was no good he would refund me ????

Steve Passmore

The ad does seem a little vague?
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

Bobby B

Quote from: Steve Passmore on November 06, 2017, 03:37:52 AM
The ad does seem a little vague?

Never got back to me either....Think it's a scam.  ::)
                                                           Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Caddy Wizard

Price is too good to be true, so...
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

harry s

At that price I figured as much.    Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Well, it is fun to look at and dream of days gone by when we could actually buy one like this for that price. I apologize for getting anyone's hopes up.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Caddy Wizard

Every once in a while a real deal comes along. Several years ago I had a chance to buy a 57 Eldo Cvtbl for 20K.  Not rusted, wrecked or burned.  Just needed to be done.  I was about an hour late...
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Bobby B

Quote from: Art Gardner  CLC 23021 on November 06, 2017, 11:44:32 AM
Every once in a while a real deal comes along. Several years ago I had a chance to buy a 57 Eldo Cvtbl for 20K.  Not rusted, wrecked or burned.  Just needed to be done.  I was about an hour late...

Art,
You forgot the word "Light" in front of years ;D ;D ;D.......
                                                                     Bobby
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Jim Stamper

I think this is the same guy who has a 1940 Packard Super 8 in similar condition on CL for $10,000.   Jim Stamper  CLC#13470

60 Special

This is a SCAM!! The same car is on the Spokane Craigslist. I see them all the time, always one picture with the reply to website. There are probably a dozen cars on Craigslist all over the U.S. with the same setup. Sometimes you will see a post from someone who got taken and they show the original post. 60Special

Tlentz

Cheers,
Todd Lentz
1941 Cadillac 6319D
1964 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1950 Chevy Styline Special
5 Crazy Kids

Rod Dahlgren #19496

I passed up my comments on this one a few times already, but I decided I had to share what I know about it and how all of us that suspect craigslist scams should respond.
This 41 Cadillac was first on eBay about two years ago. It was still in the original blue color, but had a lot of work done over years by the family member that had owned it. The buy it now was something like 18 grandâ€"No bitesâ€"It was relisted a bit less, around 16 grandâ€"No Sale. Then it popped up again for 11,500 - I had talked to the seller by phone a few times. But when I saw it at 11,5 and was about to end, I called him and spoke about it and how I could make it happen.. Being that it was about as far east as it could be and I am out here in Crazyfornia, I knew transport was going to add a chunk of change to the cost and buying sight unseen, I was having trouble deciding.. While on the phone with the seller, SOMEONE hit the “Buy-It-Now” button and it was SOLD…
The seller told me if it did not happen, he would call me. I checked back with him later and the car was sold paid and gone.
NOW fast forward--- It popped up again on eBay a few weeks ago. AND SOLD for $15,500 Item number   122760238790  I suspected it was the very same car I had missed. I called the ebay seller and he confirmed it was the same car and that he in fact did sell it on eBay. I have not called him to ask if the car was gone and paid for.
Here is what I do when looking at these craigslist ads. If they are too good of a deal and if the photos do not have a license plate showing and no contact phone numberâ€"It is probably a scam. If I see the same car listed all over the country on different craigslist cities, I flag them as I see them. I encourage you to do the same. Certainly if you contact the “seller” and get a reply that is requesting some kind of crazy payment deal, PASS on it ASAP and hit the “prohibited” button!
Did You Drive Your Cadillac Today?

Bobby B

Quote from: Rod Dahlgren #19496 on November 17, 2017, 09:33:28 PM
I passed up my comments on this one a few times already, but I decided I had to share what I know about it and how all of us that suspect craigslist scams should respond.
This 41 Cadillac was first on eBay about two years ago. It was still in the original blue color, but had a lot of work done over years by the family member that had owned it. The buy it now was something like 18 grandâ€"No bitesâ€"It was relisted a bit less, around 16 grandâ€"No Sale. Then it popped up again for 11,500 - I had talked to the seller by phone a few times. But when I saw it at 11,5 and was about to end, I called him and spoke about it and how I could make it happen.. Being that it was about as far east as it could be and I am out here in Crazyfornia, I knew transport was going to add a chunk of change to the cost and buying sight unseen, I was having trouble deciding.. While on the phone with the seller, SOMEONE hit the “Buy-It-Now” button and it was SOLD…
The seller told me if it did not happen, he would call me. I checked back with him later and the car was sold paid and gone.
NOW fast forward--- It popped up again on eBay a few weeks ago. AND SOLD for $15,500 Item number   122760238790  I suspected it was the very same car I had missed. I called the ebay seller and he confirmed it was the same car and that he in fact did sell it on eBay. I have not called him to ask if the car was gone and paid for.
Here is what I do when looking at these craigslist ads. If they are too good of a deal and if the photos do not have a license plate showing and no contact phone numberâ€"It is probably a scam. If I see the same car listed all over the country on different craigslist cities, I flag them as I see them. I encourage you to do the same. Certainly if you contact the “seller” and get a reply that is requesting some kind of crazy payment deal, PASS on it ASAP and hit the “prohibited” button!

So Rod......
  The Moral of your story is? Drumroll Please....... ::). C'mon, the masses are dying to know. Is it Legitimate or Not? ???
                                                          Bobby
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Rod Dahlgren #19496

SCAM - BIG TIME SCAM ---

IN FACT:  I HATE adds that have one or two pictures with NO visible license plate and a small generic description. These to me are suspect. You cant tell what state the car is located-- Sure, I know some of you will tell me you don't want anyone looking up your info by having the plate information taken. BUT in most states, the license plate OWNER info is private and having it available to just anyone to look up is an invasion of privacy. Yes,I know there are some states that will give you contact info on a plate number over the phone. Seems a bit controversial to me, buy HEY---  If I am selling my car, I need to expect honest car guys and nut jobs yep, dealers too may want to contact me about the car. My adds have my PRICE, description, as many pictures as possible and how to contact me. 
Did You Drive Your Cadillac Today?