News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 Coupe DeVille Fuel Gauge

Started by John Gaynor, November 06, 2017, 12:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Gaynor

Can someone tell me where I can by a replacement fuel gauge for my 1956 Cadillac Coupe DeVille? When I took mine out during trouble shooting it came apart, old glue just not holding it together and also corrosion build up.

J. Gomez

Quote from: John Gaynor on November 06, 2017, 12:28:55 PM
Can someone tell me where I can by a replacement fuel gauge for my 1956 Cadillac Coupe DeVille? When I took mine out during trouble shooting it came apart, old glue just not holding it together and also corrosion build up.

John,

Sorry but I do not understand your comments on “old glue” at the fuel gauge. ???

Are you referring to the black face plate on the gauge?

From what I recall there is no glue piece(s) at the gauge everything is metal and the face plate is rivet in the metal braket were the coils are press in.

You can check the YouTube channel from chstitans42 aka Ben Friend did when he restored his fuel gauge, maybe it can help you with yours.  -> http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=127357.200

Should be under post 223.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

John Gaynor

thanks, after I removed the nuts on the two posts and then removed the metal back piece. The circuit board under the metal cover is glued to the two coils, it is this glued piece that came a part. I am looking to just replace the gauge.