News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Eldo or DeVille..............???

Started by Raindance654, November 07, 2017, 08:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raindance654

Hello folks.
Sorry for the newbie question here but I just bought a 1961 Cadillac convertible.
If I'm buying parts for this car, and it's going to need a LOT, there might be times when I need model specifics.
I don't know if my car is an Eldorado or if it's a DeVille.
Can somebody tell me which it would be, if it can only be based on one model ........or how I can tell the difference please.......??
Thanks in advance.

D.Smith

Under the hood on the drivers side of the firewall you will see a body tag like I've posted examples below.

STYLE # 61-6367 is an Eldorado Biarritz.     
STYLE # 61-6267 is a regular Series Sixty Two convertible.     

There was no deVille convertible in 1961.  Although the interior upholstery of the base Series Sixty Two convertible in 1961 was of the deVille style.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Check the 3rd figure in the VIN. Series 62 Convertible is F; for Eldorado Biarritz it is E.

Front fenders will have Biarritz script on top; on Series 62 convertible (not called a DeVille which only applies to hardtop models in '61) there is a crest on the lower front fenders just above the skeg.

Biarritz also has a stainless molding that runs down the upper body sides, across the edge of decklid and back up the other side.

Eldoado Biarritz:

Series 62 Convertible:

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

D.Smith

If it's an Eldorado it will have the name spelled out across the lower trunk panel.   The Biarritz script on the front fenders,  a full length thin upper side molding that wraps around the trunk too.    Unique interior door panel and seat style.    Plus standard power wing vent windows. 

Raindance654

Thanks guys.
Seems mine is a series 62.
Anyone want to give me odds on finding replacement front and rear bumpers with good or at least usable chrome..........???

Quentin Hall

You won't have a problem finding bumpers. They are shared on all series. Look on eBay. Either one piece at a time or complete. Luck of the draw. But they are out there. Price will be dependant on what they are asking and what you'll pay.
I figure half decent, complete cores will cost you $500 on up or per bar but you can get lucky.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz