News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Division window Fleetwood Broughams.

Started by D.Smith, November 08, 2017, 10:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Smith

In Roy Schneiders book "Cadillac of the Sixties" on page 186 he mentions that there were confirmed sightings of special ordered 67 & 68 Broughams with a limousine type division window.   

Has anyone ever seen one?    Anyone have any photos of that?

TonyZappone #2624

I had a couple of '67 convertibles.  When I owned these, there was a dealer album that showed all the available special order items.  Among those I recall installation of division windows, choice of trims from all models in other models (with some exceptions from the cheapest model then into others, (that model name escapes me).  In any event, there were things possible that I would never had dreamed were available.
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Series75

I've searched for 30+ yrs and there have been none found.  Is it actually feasible?  Would there be room for the division?   The driver would have to be small for sure. 

cadillacmike68

The Fleetwoods Were 3.5 inches longer than DeVilles - All in the back seat, so it could have been possible.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

jdemerson

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on November 11, 2017, 01:01:25 AM
The Fleetwoods Were 3.5 inches longer than DeVilles - All in the back seat, so it could have been possible.

In fact it was a Special Order option on the Fleetwood Brougham. Here is what the 1967 Data Book says:

Limousine Type Glass Partition is Available
A glass division between the front and rear compartments
may be ordered in the Brougham.
A Padded Roof and small rear window will be
included. Utility trays and foot rests are omitted.
The front seat is not adjustable and will be leather
(pleated style) similar to the "75" Limousine.
To order, specify "Glass Division."

Interesting that there is no similar statement in the 1968 Data Book. But quite possibly it may still have been special ordered in 1968.

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac Series 62 Sedan  6219X
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

D.Smith

Quote from: jdemerson on November 11, 2017, 08:39:30 AM
The front seat is not adjustable and will be leather

Thank you John!     I figured you would lose the trays and footrests.  I also figured the seat would have limited use, but not fixed position.   I sure hope they suggested a Tilt & Telescoping steering wheel at least!

Bill Young

I have not seen a division window Brougham , however I have seen a 1968 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham in Burgundy with a Burgundy interior with Factory Bucket Seats and console as well as every other option.

D.Smith

Quote from: Bill Young on November 11, 2017, 11:50:20 PM
I have not seen a division window Brougham , however I have seen a 1968 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham in Burgundy with a Burgundy interior with Factory Bucket Seats and console as well as every other option.
Now that is cool!   

The craziest one is the bucket seat option in a 66 Fleetwoods.   They used the ribbed Eldorado buckets so the front seats didn't match the rear seat.  The Data book mentions it came that way as a special order.   I recall in other years they would use the buckets from the Deville series when available.

Any photos of that burgundy one Bill?

Bill Young

Yes the '68 data book says the Fleetwood Brougham if ordered with bucket seats will not have the front seats match the rear seat but this car it did.

cadillacmike68

Where are you getting these data books from, Bill??
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute