News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1969 Deville Convertible Cruise Control Linkage Setup

Started by 69Deville, November 06, 2017, 12:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Deville

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on November 08, 2017, 03:12:30 PM
Are you referring to the brake shut-off switch bracket or something else? I's not going to be easy to find, but any 1968 or 69  with CC should have one. the Calif and Ari car boneyards should be able to get them for you.

And WTL, Yes, I hadn't realized that the OP wanted you to sell him your bracket. I woldn't want to part with mine either, especially since my CC works perfectly.

I was referring to the bracket that the cruise throttle linkage is secured with under the hood. I have a call into a few places to see if they have one.
1969 Cadillac Deville Convertible
1966 Cadillac Series 60 Fleetwood
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham-sold :(

69Deville

Quote from: WTL on November 08, 2017, 03:29:58 PM
The question is, are the boneyards gonna insist on selling the entire cruise control system together or are they going to tell him just that one specific bracket. 

I will gladly help all I can I will take pictures tonight and if you need measurements I might be able to get those for you too.  Actually think it could be made as it looks to be plain steel that is bent in a certain shape.

Thank you for being willing to take some photos and for possible measurements. I am thinking I may end up needing to fabricate it myself. I have a call into Cadillac King as they sold me the linkage so I am Hopi g they have the bracket as well. I'll keep everyone posted as I am sure this will be a fun project once I have the parts.

cadillacmike68

Are you all referring to the clamshell shaped bracket that holds the throttle rod as it comes out of the firewall and then curves left (inside the clamshell) and then up and has like t holes in the flat top end??

Or are you referring to the throttle rod itself.There is no bracket where the cuise control arm coming from the power unit connects to the gas pedal throttle rod. There are some crazy a$$ed bushings on the top, but you should already have those because the top hole is for the gas pedal to carbie link and the second hole is for the power unit to the gas pedal. I have pics. I just need to get them onto my computer.

Of course this might be a 1969 only situation, where they might have done away with the 3 solid rods and gone to something else. I haven't had my 1969 or 1970 for almost 30 years.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

69Deville

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on November 09, 2017, 09:15:57 AM
Are you all referring to the clamshell shaped bracket that holds the throttle rod as it comes out of the firewall and then curves left (inside the clamshell) and then up and has like t holes in the flat top end??

Or are you referring to the throttle rod itself.There is no bracket where the cuise control arm coming from the power unit connects to the gas pedal throttle rod. There are some crazy a$$ed bushings on the top, but you should already have those because the top hole is for the gas pedal to carbie link and the second hole is for the power unit to the gas pedal. I have pics. I just need to get them onto my computer.

Of course this might be a 1969 only situation, where they might have done away with the 3 solid rods and gone to something else. I haven't had my 1969 or 1970 for almost 30 years.

I have the clamshell. What I need is the bracket that the clamshell mounts to. I have nowhere to secure the clamshell.

cadillacmike68

D,

Your clamshell is definitely different from mine. I'll get a pic of mine, but it probably won't matter. Yours is probably a 1969-70 specific part. But it is not cruise control specific. We don't have any of those years in my region at present. You'll probably have to try the western (or maybe northern) boneyards. Don't mention cruise control, just the throttle rod pivot bracket assembly, or whatever its called.

Here are the pics from my car. Remember it is a 1968. Cadillac might have changed the throttle linkage mechanism for 1969.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

WTL

Mike's is a significant bit different.  His engine bay is also much nicer than mine, so don't judge. 

I've got a lot of wires going by the bracket, so you may have to piece together from different pics how it goes.  In essense, it's pretty simple, and if you build it to correspond to the holes on the firewall and get the depth right, it should work well.  I used a dollar to measure cause I can't find my tape, it's about 3/4" short  of the length of 1 dollar bill depth wise.

69Deville

Quote from: WTL on November 10, 2017, 10:27:44 AM
I've got a lot of wires going by the bracket, so you may have to piece together from different pics how it goes.  In essense, it's pretty simple, and if you build it to correspond to the holes on the firewall and get the depth right, it should work well.  I used a dollar to measure cause I can't find my tape, it's about 3/4" short  of the length of 1 dollar bill depth wise.

These pics are perfect. I will do some hunting, but it's good to know I can always fabricate it. I have the bolts on the firewall so I am many steps closer than before I posted.

Thank you all!

cadillacmike68

You can get these. My original one fell off, the bolts vibrated loose over time and it's somewhere on I-4. I got one from a boneyard thanks to another member here Highwayman68 I think (Mark). This time I loctited the bolts in!

In any event tell them the year and that you need the throttle pivot bracket, whatever its called. Do Not mention cruise control, because I'm pretty sure All 1969s have that pivot bracket.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike