News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1958 brake pedal push rod clip

Started by ramcharger, November 09, 2017, 07:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramcharger

Hi all, not sure how the push-rod connects to brake pedal,has anyone got a photo of what it looks like, and are they available to buy. I assume it's a spring clip in the shape of a barrel?
1958 Cadillac series 62 coupe,19691/2 dodge Super Bee A12, 1968 fiat 124 coupe

cadparts58

Yes, a barrel clip holds the rod onto the pedal. There is a retaining ring on the end of the barrel on the brake pedal assembly. The rod is inserted into the cup on the pedal and the ring is spread(very carefully) and slid over the retaining ring to lock the rod in place. These barrel clips are fragile even though though are spring steel. The best way to install is with the pedal out of the car. Even though the 57 and 58 pedal assemblies look alike, the 58 has the rod on the left side of the pedal assembly and the 57 is on the right side. I have included pictures. All are for sale.
Frank Puma #10721

ramcharger

thanks cadparts, just what i thought,do i buy off you?

cadparts58

Yes,
I have the parts. I sell Cadillac parts. Mostly 50's and 60's. If you want all three it is $50, if you just want the clip it is $15 plus shipping. If you are interested let me know your zip code and I can calculate the shipping. I take Paypal. Thanx Frank
Frank Puma #10721

ramcharger

Thanks Frank, I just need the clip,my zip code is 6163 Perth western Australia.  I'm also getting a list together of parts I need,mainly interior hood lining trim,front and rear window mouldings, and some side glass moldings. Are they parts you can do,if so let me know and I can maybe call you and give you an exact list.Thanks Mike

cadparts58

Mike,
I have trim pieces for the 58 coupe. I have taken a few 58's apart and I save all parts. You can email me with your needs and I can see what I have. fpuma49@verizon.net
Frank Puma #10721

ramcharger

Thanks for that, I'll get onto it over the weekend.Thanks Mike