News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

rim size

Started by Lou Kish, November 06, 2017, 12:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lou Kish

I am trying to find out the original rim size for a 1977 de'Elegance.  I sure it was a 15", but what is the rim width and backspacing?  Thanks to all who can help.  Lou.
Lou Kish - 1937 LaSalle opera coupe

cadillacmike68

d' elegance What? Fleetwood, DeVille ElDorado? all except the ElDorado was RWD 5" bolt circle standard RWD offset and were 6" wide. ElDorado was also 6" wide but had that extreme positive offset up through 1978.

The RWDs will fit any Cadillac full size RWD (and almost any 15" GM RWD and others) from the mid 50s up the the last 1996 Fleetwood Brougham even though they eventually went to 15x7 wheels, but the same RWD offset.

The wheels on my 1968 DeVille will fit on my 1996 Fleetwood Brougham and vice versa.

They also take the SAME front disc brake pads!
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Lou Kish

It is a 1977 Fleetwood de'Elgance.  Do you happen to know what the stock rim width was, and perhaps the backspacing of those rims?  thanks, Lou

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Lou Kish on November 07, 2017, 04:52:05 PM
It is a 1977 Fleetwood de'Elgance.  Do you happen to know what the stock rim width was, and perhaps the backspacing of those rims?  thanks, Lou

Original Wheels are 15x6 (6 inches wide) 5 inch bolt circle Standard RWD offset.

There are Millions out there. A 15x7 wheel will fit but with the 225mm wide tires on your car doesn't need a 7" wide rim
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Lou Kish

Thank you so much.  Enough info to proceed.
Lou