News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

California duster vs ??????

Started by bullet bob, November 09, 2017, 07:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullet bob

I'm trying to find a decent 'duster' and so far I'm still looking. I've used the California duster and wasn't overly impressed. Is there a 'gotta have' duster out there that I've missed?
Honda Goldwing 1800  "I don't need no stinkin' map, I've still got gas"

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Mike
Baillargeon

chrisntam

What's wrong with the CA duster?  Mine works.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

bullet bob

bullet bob

Quote from: chrisntam on November 09, 2017, 04:37:18 PM
What's wrong with the CA duster?  Mine works.
It just seems like it leaves streaks when I'm done. Was searching for alternatives and thought maybe someone on here had something that worked better. Thanks for the serious reply.

Dan LeBlanc

Interesting.  When I had my black Fleetwood, I had that problem once - on the hood, after a drive, and the hood was still warm.  I always used it on cool paint after that and never had an issue.

I never use it when the car is out in the sun . . . warm paint + wax impregnated material = melted wax streaking on the paint.

I also set it on newspaper for 3 days before initial use to "condition" it as per the instructions.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

harry s

Griot's Garage has a micro fiber duster that works well. It doesn't have the wax impregnation.
https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/ultimate+microfiber+car+duster.do?from=Search&cx=0       Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

bullet bob

Quote from: Dan LeBlanc on November 10, 2017, 08:00:28 AM
Interesting.  When I had my black Fleetwood, I had that problem once - on the hood, after a drive, and the hood was still warm.  I always used it on cool paint after that and never had an issue.

I never use it when the car is out in the sun . . . warm paint + wax impregnated material = melted wax streaking on the paint.

I also set it on newspaper for 3 days before initial use to "condition" it as per the instructions.
Dan. I guess "as per the instructions" is my downfall. Shoot, how hard can it be to dust something? Apparently too much for this feeble mind. I always layed it on the car and "dusted" in a straight line. My opps. Who knew you had to 'lightly' touch it to the paint? Tried it that way  and it worked a lot better. Dam, instructions. Who knew? ;D

kkkaiser

i have one, use it on black interior of 63 dash,, really works good, picks up all the dust, i always thought they were scams as they were on "as seen on tv" years ago