News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

My "NEW" 1970 Eldorado <Brought Her Home Today>

Started by 76eldo, November 12, 2017, 08:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76eldo

-1970 Eldorado, Just purchased from the original owner, car has an actual 15,600 miles.  Amazing condition, like brand new.
This car is not for sale, I just wanted to share my good fortune with my Cadillac friends.

After about 7-8 years of talking to the original owner of this car about buying it, he finally decided to sell it to me.  I purchased the car yesterday and still can't believe that I own it.

This was not a barn find or a bargain purchase from someone that didn't realize what he had.  The car belonged to a long time CLC and Valley Forge region member and I have seen the car at many of the Valley Forge region shows.

It was ordered in the fall of 1969 from Plachter Cadillac in Northeast Phila.  They really gave him a hard time about the bucket seats for some reason but he did get the car as he wanted it, Sable Black with white leather.

He drove it regularly for 1 year and then realizing how much he loved this car, he bought an Olds Cutlass as a daily driver and the Eldorado was only used for pleasure driving and special occasions.

The photos tell the story.  The way that this car was maintained is simply amazing.  I am very lucky to be the new owner.

Brian

Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Bobby B

Time Capsule....No matter what you paid, it wasn't enough. >:D  Amazing Condition! Good Luck!
                                                                               Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

76eldo

Bobby,

It was a lot but the car is in such fantastic condition that I was happy to pay the asking price.
I've been friends with the former owners and we have talked about me being the next owner many times.  I never thought that he would actually decide to sell it but as about 80 years of age he realizes that it's just going to sit in the garage since he gave up showing the car this year.

I'm hoping to maintain this car the way that he did. 

Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa

1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

D.Smith

Gorgeous!    Congratulations!

STS05lg

Brian,
Congratulations on the purchase, that is truly an outstanding car. Great pictures from a Peddlers Village fall show. White interior looks outstanding. Now the hard part: it is almost winter and you will have to put her in storage and then next spring which car to take to each of the shows.  :) :) :) :)
I am sure the prior owner is happy that he does not have to worry about some one just flipping the car at the next Barrett Jackson.
Again great purchase.
Best,
Lynn

76eldo

Thanks Lynn,

It's not going ro get many miles but it's going to be the top dog in the garage.
Truly the nicest car I have ever owned.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa

1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Scot Minesinger

Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Aw gee, You find a low mileage gem and then someone trumps you the same day. Brian, that is some hunk of sculptured iron. Enjoy, enjoy.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Bobby B

Quote from: 76eldo on November 12, 2017, 08:56:56 PM
Bobby,
It was a lot but the car is in such fantastic condition that I was happy to pay the asking price.

I would've done the same. If you're lucky, it's maybe once in a lifetime a car that Pristine becomes available... AND it's the real McCoy. You did good, at ANY cost.  ;)
                                                                                                                  Bobby
P.S. Although people like to hate 'em, I'm a Huge fan of a White interior with a Dark Body Color. Nothing beats Plum Crazy with White Interior. And I'm not a Mopar Guy  >:D.......
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Rich S

Congratulations, Brian! Magnificent car, colors and condition! Glad you're the next caretaker--it is in "good hands!" You've got the classiest car on the road!
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

59-in-pieces

Brian,
There is just something about that era Eldorado body style that sets it apart from the other models, that I believe makes it more desirable - beautiful - and is a great design = ART.
Lucky U.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Can't be a handful of these in that condition left on the planet. Should easily take top honors at any GN entered.

Many congratulations Brian. 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

wrefakis

you can not overpay for that type of car
not only condition but color and options
that's the one to have, it is one of a kind

in good hands enjoy!!!!

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Brian,

Congratulations! I know the car and have admired it at shows. The car is stunning in person.

1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

TJ Hopland

Nice.  A 70 Eldo is what got me seriously looking at Cadillacs.   Its nice you got the history first hand from the original owner too.    Anyone can make up a good story one time but since you have known this car and owner for years you know its true.

A 70 Eldo or 69 Toro are on my someday list.   At one point the Toro was a little ahead but the last few times I have seen the Eldo's I think they have a slight lead now. 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

76eldo

Thanks guys.
I'm very proud to own this car. The first time I saw it I was in love.

The nice thing is that we now have a good friendship with the original owners and they can come and visit it at some of the local CLC events.

They live about 25 minutes from me so it's a nice Sunday drive to go and visit with them.

It's still in their safekeeping until I get a few things out of the garage and make some room.

Thanks for the nice comments.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa

1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

gkhashem

Brian

No need to apologize for paying "too much" as someone we know well in the CLC said to me when I have come across a pristine original car. "Where else are you going to find a car like this?"

Well, no where!  You never regret paying for the best, do not look back and enjoy the car. Who can say what is the "correct" price for a rare find like this.

So when you get the chance for this kind of car, you buy it. If not you will regret not doing so.

1959 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Sports Sedan
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr #72)
1964 Oldsmobile 98 Town Sedan (OCA 1st)
1970 GMC C1500
1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Coupe
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr Crown #959)*
1992 Oldsmobile 98 (OCA 1st)
1996 Oldsmobile 98
*CLC Past President's Preservation

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville
1966 Coupe Deville (Sr #861)*
1991 Eldorado Biarritz (Sr #838)

wrefakis

wrefakis

sorry ,anyway 20 years after chasing this real  17,000 miles one owner still smells new  70 eldo, finally I am offered the car ,but somehow scratches, nicks and dings, had it been mint I would only have said thank you and paid his price

these are impossible to find, trust me my first 1968-70 wanted ad was in hemmings in 1976

z3skybolt

Now that is a Cadillac!!   Enjoy your treasure.

Bob
1940 LaSalle 5227 Coupe(purchased May 2016)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Bought New.