News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

What are these?

Started by ramcharger, November 14, 2017, 07:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramcharger

Hi all, can someone tell me or show me where these 2 brackets go. I found them in the pile of bits, it's a jigsaw ....car is 58 coupe 62 series.  There will be more of these photos as I'm putting her together. Thanks for your time Mike
1958 Cadillac series 62 coupe,19691/2 dodge Super Bee A12, 1968 fiat 124 coupe

walt chomosh #23510

RC,
  I have a 1955CDV so I'm not sure what Cadillac used in 58 but it sure looks like the "deflectors" (maybe not the best word to use) for the outside air coming into the cabin when the vent knobs are pulled.(mounted under the dash on each side).....walt....tulsa,ok

fishnjim

I have a '58 62 coupe and I don't recognize those pieces.   Would help if one was turned over to show other side.   Looks like two the same instead of a left and right?   If the car is black or was black originally, and they're glossy, then it might be for interior.   Only other is semigloss black under the hood.
The '58 cowl vents have the chrome slotted covers with a black underscreen and the inside of the two pods has fiberglass in it for filter, and the dampers are oblong butterflys actuated by the levers.

Jon S

They look like the heater cutouts (rear of car door) which get rubber gasket glued to on a 4 door 1957/1958.
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT