Author Topic: What are these?  (Read 310 times)

Offline ramcharger

  • Posts: 13
  • Name: Michael tomizzi
What are these?
« on: November 14, 2017, 06:08:30 AM »
Hi all, can someone tell me or show me where these 2 brackets go. I found them in the pile of bits, it's a jigsaw is 58 coupe 62 series.  There will be more of these photos as I'm putting her together. Thanks for your time Mike
1958 Cadillac series 62 coupe,19691/2 dodge Super Bee A12, 1968 fiat 124 coupe

Offline walt chomosh #23510

  • Posts: 320
    • CLC Member
      CLC Member #23510
Re: What are these?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 09:55:41 AM »
  I have a 1955CDV so I'm not sure what Cadillac used in 58 but it sure looks like the "deflectors" (maybe not the best word to use) for the outside air coming into the cabin when the vent knobs are pulled.(mounted under the dash on each side).....walt....tulsa,ok

Offline fishnjim

  • Posts: 395
    • CLC Member
      CLC Member #29423
  • Name: J. Bozin
Re: What are these?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 07:18:01 PM »
I have a '58 62 coupe and I don't recognize those pieces.   Would help if one was turned over to show other side.   Looks like two the same instead of a left and right?   If the car is black or was black originally, and they're glossy, then it might be for interior.   Only other is semigloss black under the hood.
The '58 cowl vents have the chrome slotted covers with a black underscreen and the inside of the two pods has fiberglass in it for filter, and the dampers are oblong butterflys actuated by the levers.

Offline Jon S

  • Posts: 1944
    • CLC Member
      CLC Member #24786
  • Name: J. Schapiro
Re: What are these?
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 10:34:53 AM »
They look like the heater cutouts (rear of car door) which get rubber gasket glued to on a 4 door 1957/1958.

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT


Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12