News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1981 Cadillac SDV $3,000

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, November 16, 2017, 05:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

https://offerup.com/item/detail/377967755/?ref=Search

Only up a couple of days. Being in TN it's possible there's no rust. Type in Nashville, TN in OfferUp and then Cadillac cars. I have no interest in this car. Murfreesboro is about forty miles from Nashville on I-40 (I think. Don't have a TN map as I KNOW where my inlaws live by now.) Anyhow it's an easy ride from (I-65.)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

James Landi

Looks great--- is that the 4-6-8??   James

Barry M Wheeler #2189

James, I don't know for certain. As I said, I just saw this on OfferUp and thought it looked pretty good and someone in the Club might like to pursue it. Ansel Sackett, our first Treasurer had a load of us going to (I think) Davy Crockett's grave site in Texas at the Ft. Worth GN in 1986. He was driving one of those and I'm pretty sure it had the 4-6-8.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

V63

The car is a sedan deville.

The gasoline V8 offered in 1981 was the V 864, not a bad thing compared to what was to come the next year!

James Landi

Given its drive train pedigree and the initial "look" of the pictures, this one is worthy of a careful investigation.   I trust some CLC member carefully reviews this.   Jame

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Blame it on old age. I forgot that they still have SDVs then. I was having so much fun spending other people's money and waiting for a pumpkin pie to bake I got careless in my identification. If anyone pursues any of the leads I put up, be prepared for some resistance to doing a long distance sale. Both Craigslist and OfferUp push "local" sales. What they don't realize that some of their best leads come from out of town, especially when "old" cars are concerned.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

D.Smith

If you look at the pass side of the dash you will see it has the small  DIESEL emblem on it.    The fenders too.

V63

Maybe they hope they can get the money before the buyer notices all the smoke and noise? :o

Or it’s gas conversion?

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

If driveline has been maintained and in good nick, I'd probably prefer the original diesel setup to a conversion.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute