News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Trunk cardboard / molded carpet 1955 coupe de Ville

Started by PatiCadi, December 08, 2017, 03:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatiCadi

Good day all ,
Any adress where i could buy a complete cardboard set or carpet set for the trunk of my cdv ? Just bought it as a driver and the original looks rough .
Is the trunk size the same than the 56 ?
If any pictures , i would appreciate .
The car is in France , I will get it as soon as I find the appropriate garage ....
Thanks
Patrick Slarko

PatiCadi

Hi All ,
Any guidance of the shape of the trunk "?
Can  I put a cardboard kit for a 1956 in a 1955 ?
Both are coupe de ville , my 55 has the factory a/c .
Thnks for your help .
Patrick Slarko

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Mike
Baillargeon

PatiCadi

Thanks Mike ,
I also found this on the net , but I think I will need the carpet also , my trunk is showing 62 years of wear ... :-\
Anybody having a source here ?
Does the cardboard then need to be covered ?
I start to love the search for the original !
Cheers
Patrick

5390john

Best bet is to order original style liner material from SMS in Canby Oregon. They make it at their own fabric mill. Photos are of my '55 De Ville, I am sure that SMS would have whatever is appropriate for a '56. Panels are from OPGI.
John Adams
1955 CDV "Marilyn"

"Panic Accordingly"

PatiCadi

Vvery nice John !
You sewed the liner together Or is it coming all ready to pose ?
Thz fabric is the same than in my trunk but in bad shape .
Caddy daddy has a presewed but they stated for a 1956 and cannot tell me if the 1955 is the same dimension as mine is also a 55 . The cost of the complete ready to install liner is 170 plus 96  handling and shipping .
I understood from post here that opgi is the maker of the cardboard .
I want to have the same effect as your trunk is showing , thank you for your help .
Cheers
Patrick

5390john

I got the material in bulk from SMS and had it cut and sewn by an auto upholsterer using what was left of the original material as a pattern. SMS probably has it in stock.  See www.smsautofabrics.com and e-mail info@smsautofabrics.com. FYI, I got all the interior materials from them, they made new door panels, seat cover kit, custom tanned leather, custom dyed wool carpet, vinyl, and a headliner, all exact reproduction of original. Not cheap but worth it, and DON'T be in a hurry. Their lead times are in months and years. If you want as original I would go to SMS.
The owner is Doug Pollack, tell him I sent ya.
Also OPGI does not make the cardboard panels, they are a distributor for REM Automotive who is the manufacturer
John Adams
1955 CDV "Marilyn"

"Panic Accordingly"