News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Help naming and getting parts.

Started by The_Sunken_Swede, January 03, 2018, 06:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Sunken_Swede

Hi!

I am currently undergoing a restoration of my 74 Convertible Eldorado, but I do now need help naming a few plastic parts and where to find new ones.

So the parts that I am talking about are the plastic ones that guides the Driver and Passenger windows up and down when it's being used.

It seems to be 5 parts, 1 upper guiding, 1 lower guiding and 1 sort of cleaning ring between them. Then it is also the oval (looks like a nascar racetrack) plastic rim that goes up and around a sort of pointy guide-pin so the window is more or less locked in place when it is fully heightened. Then we have the washer for the arm that lifts the window, I can't seem to find any of thees parts on all the sites that I have searched, I do have all the parts for my rear 1/4 windows, but not my front-side windows :(

So does anyone know the name for these parts and where I can find new ones (or mint condition second-hand :P ) ?
Need help ASAP.

Regards:
Richard
Eldorado -74

The_Sunken_Swede

Eldorado -74

tripwire

Driving now:
2013 CTS4 Performance Coupe
1940 LaSalle 5229 C4D

A few I used to drive:
1976 Cadillac Ambulance