News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1938 Heater/Defrost vents

Started by Rich888, January 15, 2018, 01:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Rich,
Here's some pics of what I have. They look to be the same, but may really be a "pair". Steve showed what the 41's look like. The 41's & mine have a little tab on one side that holds that  end in. So, only one sheet metal screw required. HTH.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Rich888

Steve/Bob

Thanks for the photos that gives me a better idea of the sort of think i need. I thought when i looked under the dash that mine mounted with two holes, one at each end, but I'll have a closer look this weekend (Can only get to work on my car at the weekends).

I'll let you know what i find.

Cheers

Rich

Steve Passmore

Quote from: Bob Hoffmann CLC#96 on January 17, 2018, 05:59:35 PM
Rich,
Here's some pics of what I have. They look to be the same, but may really be a "pair". Steve showed what the 41's look like. The 41's & mine have a little tab on one side that holds that  end in. So, only one sheet metal screw required. HTH.
Bob

Yours would be a 'Pair' Bob. All the ones I have here and have removed from cars over the years are always one-handed no matter what side they fit. Must have been a way of reducing production costs for something out of site.
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

Rich888

Well I managed to grab a look under my dash this afternoon and took some basic measurements.  The slots themselves, as close as I can measure in such a tight space, are 4 ½” long and 9/16” wide with rounded ends. The righthand slot has just one mounting hole and a little bracket which appears to be for the little tag on the nozzle to slot into, but the left side only has two mounting holes.

It could be that the right hand side only uses one hole and a tag as it’s tucked up behind the glove box and the second mounting screw would be almost impossible to reach without major work dismantling the glove box. May be the drivers side one is just missing its little bracket for the tag as this is only a little piece of metal attached to the underside of the dash and I could see this easily coming away if poorly welded, although there are no particular signs that there ever was anything there just a second hole? (did they spot welded, braze or solder little tags like that back in the 30’s ?)

Anyway, Bob looking at the measurements of your pair they seem pretty close to what I’m looking for, so I would like to give them a try if your willing to part with them? PM me with a price and we can take it from there.

Cheers

Rich

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.